Partners Data Systems
ABOUT THE TEAM
At Stitch Fix, our data science team combines artificial intelligence with expert human judgment to generate innovative recommendations and insights that transform the way our clients discover what they love.
The Styling Recommendations team focuses on the core challenge of delivering distinctive apparel to our diverse client base that reflects their personal style. Using a wide range of signals from clients, we develop models that provide our stylists with personalized recommendations for every client. Our team also helps develop infrastructure for predictive modeling that benefits the wider data science organization.
ABOUT THE ROLE
In this role you will be responsible for driving forward our core recommendation algorithms. You may work with a range of data sources including text, image, and time series data and will work with our team to evaluate new model types. You can expect to take ideas from initial prototypes to live production systems. You will also have opportunities to partner with Product, Engineering, and Styling teams to develop innovative new algorithm-driven products.
YOU'RE EXCITED ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY BECAUSE YOU WILL…
* improve the accuracy of our core styling prediction models, primarily through use of new data sources and improved modeling techniques.
* develop and maintain production ML systems so that our team's algorithms are used effectively in the styling process.
* bring more rigor to statistics/experimentation/measurement topics so that we make optimal decisions with the data we have.
* design and analyze experiments to measure causal impact while accounting for potential interactions (such as shared inventory).
* work cross-functionally to develop new algorithm-driven products that unlock new ways to deliver value to our clients.
* help the entire team level up by spreading best practices and learnings from prior experience with production ML systems.
WE'RE EXCITED ABOUT YOU BECAUSE…
* you are excited to carry a project completely from start to finish while expanding your technical skill set as necessary.
* you are able to identify new opportunities to improve algorithms and effectively prioritize among them.
* you thrive in a fluid environment of collaboration between algorithm & product teams.
* you have strong communication skills and audience awareness. You are able to succinctly convey relevant information to technical and non-technical colleagues, and understand the appropriate level of detail for a given audience.
* you have a well rounded skill set in statistics, machine learning, production software development, and consumer product thinking.
* you have 3+ years of experience in a data science/software engineering role developing production machine learning systems.
* you have an advanced degree in a quantitative field (e.g. CS, Statistics, Economics, Physics, Bioinformatics) or comparable work experience.
* you have hands on experience with a modern Python-based machine learning stack. (Familiarity with PyTorch or TensorFlow is a plus.)
* you are curious, innovative & motivated by challenge.
You'll love working at Stitch Fix because we...
* We are a group of bright, kind and goal oriented people. You can be your authentic self here, and are empowered to encourage others to do the same!
* We are a successful, fast-growing company at the forefront of tech and fashion, redefining retail for the next generation
* We are a technologically and data-driven business
* We are committed to our clients and connected through our vision of "Transforming the way people find what they love"
* We love solving problems, thinking creatively and trying new things
* We believe in autonomy & taking initiative
* We are challenged, developed and have meaningful impact
* We take what we do seriously. We don't take ourselves seriously
* We have a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right & is open to new ideas
* We offer competitive compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits
* You will be proud to say that you work for Stitch Fix and will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day
About Stitch Fix
At Stitch Fix, we're about personal styling for everybody and we believe in both a service and a workplace where you can be your best, most authentic self. We're the first fashion retailer to combine technology and data science with the human instinct of a Stylist to deliver a deeply personalized shopping experience. This novel juxtaposition attracts a highly diverse group of talented people who are both thinkers and doers. All of this results in a simple, powerful offering to our customers and a successful, growing business serving millions of men, women, and kids. We believe we are only scratching the surface on our opportunity, and we're looking for incredible people like you to help us carry on that trend.
About Partners Data Systems
Partners Data Systems is a company that provides storage and backup automation solutions.