Partners Data Systems
Req ID: 29401
Experience Level: Professional
Other Location(s): N/A
Come grow with us
At Capital Group, how we work is defined by shared values that include absolute integrity, respect and collaboration. But it's more than that. It's smart and highly driven people united in purpose to serve our investors and one another.
Bring your energy and unique perspective to Capital and you'll have the opportunity to grow with us professionally, personally, and financially. You'll be part of a team that genuinely cares about helping you succeed. You'll work alongside talented colleagues, many of whom build long careers while progressing through multiple roles, establishing lifelong friendships and making a difference in our communities. In return for your contributions, you'll receive premier compensation and benefits, and a company-funded retirement plan that ranks among the most generous.
The Advanced Analytics Group reports into the North America Distribution Insights & Analytics organization as a new function driving business value through the use of internal and external data, predictive analytics and data science. The group focuses on providing cutting edge data and analytic solutions which will be used to support sales and marketing efforts within North America Distribution.
Based in Los Angeles, as a Senior Data Scientist, you will be experienced with and passionate about using data to drive business strategy, tactical program recommendations and identify new areas of ROI through the use of the firms data assets. You are a self-starter with a high degree of rigor, organization, and discipline to get things done. You are able to communicate effectively in delivering complex data-driven findings across the distribution group. The ideal candidate is an independent, solution-oriented thinker with a strong background processing huge data sets, applying analytical rigor and statistical methods, and driving toward insights and solutions.
* Leverage data to solve strategic, tactical, structured, and unstructured business problems
* Analyze advisor, investor and economic trends that impact sales/marketing/business performance and recommend ways to improve outcomes
* Create the capability to study and analyze structured and unstructured data, data from multiple internal and external sources to enable pattern seeking and analysis
* Create a pattern recognition process by identifying and integrating internal and external sources of information, analytical tools, and data management and manipulation tools.
* Perform complex data manipulation and analytics, while working with business functions to identify and to respond to complex technical and business problems
* Develop statistical forecasting models and design experiments to answer targeted questions
* Interpret and communicate analytic results to analytical and non-analytical business partners and senior managers
* Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Machine Learning, Operations Research, Computer Science, Econometrics or related field. Master's degree highly preferred
* 4+ years of relevant experience with a proven track record of leveraging analytics and large amounts of data to drive significant business impact
* Passion for learning and innovating new methodologies in the intersection of applied math/probability/statistics/computer science. Proficient at translating unstructured business problems into an abstract mathematical framework
* Expertise in predictive analytics/statistical modeling/data mining algorithms. Must have knowledge/experience in some/all of the following: Multivariate regression, logistic regression, support vector machines, bagging, boosting, decision trees, lifetime analysis, common clustering algorithms, optimization, stochastic processes
* Proficiency in at least one declarative programming language such as SQL or HiveQL; one scripting language such as Python, Ruby or Perl; and one statistical analysis language such as R, SAS or SPSS
* Experience with distributed databases and query languages like Hive/Pig/Sawzall and/or general map reduce computing is a plus
* Knowledge of common data structures and ability to write efficient code in at least one language is a plus (preferably Java, C++, Python, or Perl)
Founded in 1931, Capital Group is one of the world's largest and most trusted investment management companies and home to the American Funds. We manage more than US$1.7 trillion in assets, and our 7,500 associates make our clients their first priority every day. When we do our job right, millions of investors around the world fulfill their dreams and financial goals, from home ownership and higher education, to a comfortable retirement. Our long-term investment results and outstanding service set us apart from our competitors, while our workplace sets us apart from other employers.
About Partners Data Systems
Partners Data Systems is a company that provides storage and backup automation solutions.