Partners Data Systems
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Experience and Education
Bachelor's degree in statistics, epidemiology/biostatistics, computer science with emphasis on data science or quantitative analysis or related discipline and five (5) years related experience manipulating large relational databases, statistical programming, modeling and development of data displays required. Master's of Science in statistics, public health/epidemiology or MIS with emphasis on data science preferred. Two to four (2-4) years of experience with quality improvement, LEAN, Six Sigma and/or other improvement methodologies preferred, as well as working knowledge of process improvement methods, statistical process control techniques and database applications. Superior working knowledge of MS Office applications, analytical platforms (SAS, SPSS, R, ALTERYX) Data Base Management Systems (SQL Server, ORACLE, Informix or similar) and Data Warehouse methodology required.
* Collaborate on multi-disciplinary teams and provide analytical support for various projects related to medical education evaluation, quality improvement, patient safety, and outcomes.
* Design, develop, and automate quality and performance metrics for the supported domains. Maintains knowledge base of data requirements and measure definitions.
* Interpret, explain, and discuss data analysis results with project team. Makes recommendations and support strategies for improving educational and simulation processes and resident and student outcomes.
* Analyzes and organizes data using the appropriate analytical and statistical methods.
* Works with Information Resources, Enterprise Data Services to identify extracts, validate and manipulate data from different large databases using data management and querying skills.
* Designs, develops and maintains prototypes of repositories for data originating in various and divers data sources.
* Develops and automates data displays such as charts and reporting tables to present data analysis results and track clinical processes and outcomes.
* Consults on data collection and study design.
Interacts with faculty, residents and medical students as a part of the teams involved in the Quality and Outcome Education and Simulation Center projects.
Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
About Partners Data Systems
Partners Data Systems is a company that provides high availability storage and backup automation solutions.