United States Post Office
Ekata (formerly Whitepages Pro) provides global identity verification via enterprise-grade APIs and a SaaS solution. Our product suite is powered by Ekata Identity Engine, the first and only cross-border identity engine of its kind. It uses complex machine learning algorithms across the five consumer attributes of email, phone, name, physical address, and IP to derive unique data links and features from billions of real-time transactions within our customer network and the globally sourced data of our graph. Businesses around the world including Alipay, Stripe, Airbnb, and Microsoft leverage our solutions to approve more good transactions, reduce friction, and find fraud.
As a Data Scientist, you will be located in our Seattle office and will be responsible for exploratory data analysis and machine learning modeling for a number of initiatives. Your work will be high impact, strategic, and innovative. The work is inherently challenging - we are looking for an entrepreneurial person who can ask the right questions, come up with the best analytical approaches, collaborate with engineers, product managers and other teams, work fast and iterate to solve problems. This is an amazing opportunity to directly contribute to new products, innovate and solve real customer problems.
In the Data Scientist role you will:
* Embrace all facets of working with large complex data sets
* Strive to understand the data - what is it trying to model, and what are its strengths and weaknesses?
* Ask good questions - how do you formulate the right hypothesis, design the right experiment, run the right test?
* Interpret results and communicating them effectively - what did the analysis really tell you, and what should we do next?
* Implement at scale -- assemble the data required to do analyses, and able to work with engineers to put your insights into production
* Solve tough problems, understanding customer needs and iterating at a rapid pace
Our ideal Data Scientist will have:
* A degree in statistics or related field: mathematics, economics, computer science, information management, etc. from a top university, or equivalent work experience
* 1+ years of relevant industry experience developing machine learning models in a business context, or at least 3 years of relevant academic experience
* Deep understanding of machine learning and modeling concepts
* Programming skills with Python, R or Scala, or relevant programming language, as well as experience querying and working with large data sets
* Proven ability to work independently and from concept to execution
* Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate technical concepts and results to a non-technical audience
* Excellent written and speaking English skills
Extra points if you have…..
* Experience working with Spark
* Experience with AWS or other cloud providers
* Experience with Kotlin
Unwavering in our pursuit of standardizing global identity data, we are approachable, real people that genuinely care about the success of those we partner with. With a commitment to service, innovation, and ownership, Ekata is a dynamic place to work for folks who want to make impact on a global scale. We provide learning & development opportunities for each employee and promote work-life flexibility through self-managed time off. Headquartered in downtown Seattle, Ekata is growing internationally with offices in Budapest, Hungary and Amsterdam, Netherlands.
To learn more about the experience of working at Ekata, visit: https://ekata.com/careers/.
Ekata prides itself on celebrating diversity, inclusivity, and being an equal-opportunity employer.
About United States Post Office
Whitepages is a source for contact information in North America and developer of services that help people find, understand and verify personal and business identities.