United States Post Office
Founded in 1997, Whitepages® is the most trusted identify information provider dedicated to helping you contact, verify and vet people in your world. More than 30 million people and small businesses each month use Whitepages to get in touch with extended friends and family, verify identities and research backgrounds.
If you are a Sr. Software Engineer with full stack experience working on highly scalable websites, Whitepages provides the opportunity to reach over 35MM users a month. This position is focused on improving and advancing our implementations and systems across our technology stack. You will also advise and mentor the current full stack / front end engineers.
In the Sr. Software Engineer role you will:
* Build highly scalable and available production web services
* Work in full stack technologies across back-end (web services) and front-end (browser) layers
* Own, design, architect and build systems end-to-end for our consumer products including Whitepages.com and Whitepages Premium
* Mentor and develop team mates, lead by example on best practices, design and code reviews
* Follow and create best practices for clean code and architecture
* Manage a sense of urgency and risks on project timelines and proposes creative strategies for delivering constant business value
Our ideal Sr. Software Engineer will have:
* B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
* 8+ years' experience in relevant software development
* A philosophy of iteration and continuous improvement in an agile environment
* Experience in using data storage systems and building web service APIs
* Ability to write clean code that is tested, readable, maintainable and follows best practices and coding standards, on schedule
* Deeply versed in internet protocols and standards
* Knowledge of scaling techniques (caching, queues, consistency, etc.).
* Deployed services to the cloud (especially using AWS) using docker and Kubernetes based services
* Experience of working on high-scale and/or consumer-facing web sites
* Worked with AWS data stores (e.g. RDS, Elasticache, DynamoDB) and SQL
* Extensive experience with *nix
* Some experience building mobile applications using React Native
Combine all of this with a dynamic, "what can I do" culture, and Whitepages is a pretty awesome place for those that want to grow their career and have an impact day after day. We are a small empowered team with a passion for technology and because we're small, everyone benefits in the form of expanded learning and growth opportunities. We also have an amazing office space with all the perks, located right in the heart of downtown Seattle in the iconic Rainier Tower, on the main bus lines and the light rail.
If this sounds like the kind of place you want to spend your days, then visit us at: http://about.whitepages.com/. Whitepages Inc. prides itself on being an equal-opportunity employer.
About United States Post Office
Whitepages is a source for contact information in North America and developer of services that help people find, understand and verify personal and business identities.