Founded in 1997, Whitepages® is the most trusted identify information provider dedicated to helping you contact, verify and vet people in your world. More than 30 million people and small businesses each month use Whitepages to get in touch with extended friends and family, verify identities and research backgrounds.
If you are a Frontend Engineer with experience working across teams to produce a great UX, Whitepages provides you the opportunity to work on a small team reaching over 35MM users a month. This position is focused on improving and advancing our implementations and systems across our different web properties.
In the Frontend Engineer role you will:
* Work with designers and product managers to produce the best possible UX
* Own, design, architect and build front-end systems for our consumer products including Whitepages.com and Whitepages Premium
* Lead by example on best practices, design and code reviews
* Propose creative strategies for improving the UI/UX everywhere
Our ideal Frontend Engineer will have:
* 2+ years' experience in relevant software development
* A passion for keeping up-to-date on the latest front-end technologies
* A philosophy of iteration and continuous improvement in an agile environment
* Ability to write clean code that is tested, readable, maintainable and follows best practices and coding standards, on schedule
* Deeply versed in internet protocols and standards
* Knowledge of scaling techniques (caching, queues, consistency, etc.).
* Deployed services to the cloud (especially using AWS) using docker and Kubernetes based services
* Experience of working on high-scale and/or consumer-facing web sites
* Some experience building mobile applications using React Native
Combine all of this with a dynamic, "what can I do" culture, and Whitepages is a pretty awesome place for those that want to grow their career and have an impact day after day. We are a small empowered team with a passion for technology and because we're small, everyone benefits in the form of expanded learning and growth opportunities. We also have an amazing office space with all the perks, located right in the heart of downtown Seattle in the iconic Rainier Tower, on the main bus lines and the light rail.
If this sounds like the kind of place you want to spend your days, then visit us at: http://about.whitepages.com/. Whitepages Inc. prides itself on being an equal-opportunity employer.
Whitepages is a source for contact information in North America and developer of services that help people find, understand and verify personal and business identities.