Founded in 1997, Whitepages® is the most trusted identify information provider dedicated to helping you contact, verify and vet people in your world. Each month, more than 30 million people and small businesses use Whitepages to get in touch with extended friends and family, verify identities and research backgrounds.
We are looking for an IT Engineer to manage and maintain our office infrastructure. In this position you'll be responsible for design, installation, configuration, and maintenance of all back-office infrastructure and services, for Networking, Security, Active Directory, Exchange, Windows file and print services. This includes racks, cabling, installation and repair of equipment and the core network. This role is also responsible for automation within the IT area of responsibility focused on enablement of self-service to allow employees to be as self-sufficient as possible. You will also be pushed to stretch yourself and grow outside of the day to day tasks of an IT Engineer into other value add areas, such as site reliability, DevOps and/or data engineering.
In the IT Engineer role, you will:
* Design, Create and Maintain a scalable back office infrastructure to support a growing company in a physical and cloud environment.
* Administration and maintenance of Active Directory, Exchange and other back office technologies, including office wired and wireless network equipment.
* Troubleshoot advanced issues with desktops, servers, printers, and related equipment.
* Perform daily management and maintenance of servers and associated operating systems including data backups.
* Install, upgrade, and configure client accounts, network printing, file servers, directory structures, rights, and security.
* Reduce manual IT tasks wherever possible through automation.
* Create and maintain high-quality documentation of all relevant specifications, systems, and procedures.
* Evaluate and recommend appropriate hardware and software solutions working within budget restraints.
* Provide feedback to management on project status and corporate technology needs.
* Provide mentorship and training for less experienced staff on complex issues.
* Participate in on-call rotation
* Support end user requests through Help Desk trouble tickets
* Ensure the development and maintenance of standards and procedures that result in an environment compliant with information security policy
Our ideal IT Engineer will have:
* A BS degree in Information Systems, or equivalent certifications or equivalent experience required
* 1+ years previous experience supporting up to 50 users in a Windows environment
* Experience with Windows, Mac and Linux technologies/environments required
* Extensive knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, VPN, DHCP, etc. with experience troubleshooting network connectivity issues, both remotely and onsite
* Solid knowledge of industry standard security practices
* Experience with set up and configuration of network hardware
* Experience configuring and maintaining enterprise level back up policies and procedures
* Experience with telephony systems a plus
* Experience with scripting languages such as Python, Bash, GoLang a plus
Combine all of this with a dynamic, "what can I do" culture, and Whitepages is a pretty awesome place for those that want to grow their career and have an impact day after day. We are a small and empowered team of less than 40, with a passion for technology and because we're small, everyone benefits in the form of expanded learning and growth opportunities. We also have an amazing office space with all the perks, located right in the heart of downtown Seattle in the iconic Rainier Tower, on the main bus lines and the light rail.
If this sounds like the kind of place you want to spend your days, then visit us at: http://about.whitepages.com/. Whitepages prides itself on being an equal-opportunity employer.
Whitepages is a source for contact information in North America and developer of services that help people find, understand and verify personal and business identities.