Store No. 8
DATA ENGINEER (BI)
Jetblack is the first portfolio company within Store Nº8, the incubation arm of Walmart, which is focused on transforming the future of retail. Jetblack is a members-only personal shopping and concierge service that combines the convenience of e-commerce with the customized attention of a personal assistant. Our ultimate goal is to create a new standard of consumer shopping with the fastest most delightful end-to-end consumer experience.
Our unique positioning as the first stand-alone company incubated by Walmart gives us access to resources needed to have impact at massive scale and reinvent consumer shopping behaviors. Our journey has just begun and we are building a hard-working passionate founding team to join us in changing the retail landscape and driving technical innovation.
Jenny Fleiss, the CEO and co-founder of Jetblack, previously co-founded Rent the Runway, a business that has transformed the retail industry by making designer clothing rentals a convenient and accessible luxury experience for millions of women.
We're blushing. Some of our favorite press links:
Who will love this job:
* A doer - You thrive in a fast-paced environment; we move quickly and need a teammate who will too
* An organizer - You have superb organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to outline and execute a plan in a methodical, structured way.
* A creative problem solver - You have the ability to think outside of the box and maintain a flexible approach to problem solving.
* A numbers guru- You're analytical and feel comfortable using numbers to dissect problems, and communicating insights to the broader team.
* A balanced thinker- You're obsessed with the details, but can see the big picture and contribute to ideas on how to make us an even better company than we are today.
We are looking for a proven Business Intelligence Engineer to join our data and insights team. You will be working closely with business users, the data infrastructure team, and data analysts to support the ongoing development of enterprise-wide BI platform. You'll be designing and implementing the architecture, tools, and processes needed to provide the "single source of truth" reports to support data-driven decision making.
The ideal candidate has demonstrated experience leveraging technology to create and maintain the production analytics platforms used to power the day-to-day decisions and operations of organizations' technology and business teams. You will be a great fit if you have a strong bias towards action, thrives on translating complex data sets into intuitive actionable feedback, and love to drive the adoption of analytics to cultivate a data driven culture. We're looking for someone who is passionate about business intelligence, comfortable working in an agile environment, and has the interpersonal skills to connect with customers to define and shape solutions.
What you'll do:
* Drive a massive impact as a key contributor to a data platform that enables people to uncover new insights and fine-tune operations to meet business goals
* Apply broad knowledge of technology options, technology platforms, design techniques and approaches across the data ecosystem to design systems that meet business needs
* Analyze source systems, define underlying data sources and transformation requirements, design suitable data models and document the design/specifications
* Demonstrate passion for quality and productivity by the use of efficient development techniques, standards and guidelines
* Partner with analysts, engineers, product managers, and organizational stakeholders to understand and synthesize needs into architecture.
What you should have:
* A Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science with industry experience.
* Expertise in Database technologies such as AWS Redshift or Google BigQuery with proficiency in SQL
* Knowledge of Python and be passionate about optimization and automation using scripting.
* Hands on experience in Data Warehouse (DWH) environment with data integration/ETL of large and complex data sets. Data modeling skills such as Star/Snowflake schema design for DWH.
* Expertise in performance tuning and scaling
* Familiarity with Business Intelligence (BI) tools such as Looker and Tableau
* Ability to communicate effectively and work independently with little supervision to deliver on time quality products
* Willingness to learn, be open minded to new ideas and different opinions yet knowing when to stop, analyze, and reach a decision
* Ability to work in a fast-paced startup environment.
Pay, perks & such
Our benefit package includes a monthly gym stipend, a generous parental leave program, leading healthcare options, 401k matching, and more! We offer flexible PTO and a great culture filled with work out classes, celebrations, and clubs. We host fireside chats and monthly all-hands meetings. Most importantly, we empower employees to dig in and focus on solving big consumer problems. Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About Store No. 8
Store No. 8 is a technology-startup incubator created by Walmart.