Store No. 8
LEAD INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEER
Jetblack is the first portfolio company within Store Nº8, the incubation arm of Walmart, which is focused on transforming the future of retail. Jetblack is a members-only personal shopping and concierge service that combines the convenience of e-commerce with the customized attention of a personal assistant. Our ultimate goal is to create a new standard of consumer shopping with the fastest most delightful end-to-end consumer experience.
Our unique positioning as the first stand-alone company incubated by Walmart gives us access to resources needed to have impact at massive scale and reinvent consumer shopping behaviors. Our journey has just begun and we are building a hard-working passionate founding team to join us changing the retail landscape and driving technical innovation.
Jenny Fleiss, the CEO and co-founder of Jetblack, previously co-founded Rent the Runway, a business that has transformed the retail industry by making designer clothing rentals a convenient and accessible luxury experience for millions of women.
We're blushing. Some of our favorite press links:
You'll love this job if you
* Think of the customer first and delight them in new and exciting ways
* Have solid technical chops and use them to drive measurable impact to the customer and business
* Can work autonomously and know how to lead a high-performing autonomous team
* Think out of the box and make things happen
* Thrive in loosely structured environments and help create right-fit structure as we grow
* Consistently deliver and let nothing get in your way
* Are flexible to the changing demands of a fast-paced startup environment
* Work cross-functionally with other departments and other engineering teams to craft transparency and consensus in what you build
What you'll do:
* Oversee the ongoing evolution of Jetblack's technical infrastructure
* Manage an autonomous team of Platform Engineers (cloud, containers, and infrastructure)
* Build Jetblack's Help Desk, Networking, and InfoSec practices, partnering with Walmart
* Establish policies, procedures, and cross-departmental coordination
* Manage vendors and partners that integrate with Jetblack systems or infrastructure
* Boldly innovate without losing sight of our mission
* Help build a great engineering culture that consistently delivers value to our customers and business
What you should have:
* 10-15 years of industry experience
* BS / MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
* Experience with Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes, & Kafka a plus
* Experience with configuration management tools a plus
* Experience working with SCRUM teams
* Team leadership and management experience
* Hands-on coding experience
* Budget tracking and forecasting skills
Pay, perks & such
At Jetblack, we function like a startup and have the benefits of the largest retailer in the world, Walmart. Our benefit package includes a monthly gym stipend, a generous maternity leave program, leading healthcare options, 401k matching and more! We offer unlimited vacation and a great culture filled with quarterly outings, happy hours, work out classes, celebrations and clubs. We host bi-weekly lunch 'n learns, weekly all-hands meetings and- most importantly- we empower employees to dig in and focus on solving big consumer problems. Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About Store No. 8
Store No. 8 is a technology-startup incubator created by Walmart.