This role will be responsible for helping to define and provide the foundation for our next generation data services. With a focus on automation and elasticity, you will contribute to how our data infrastructure scales to support the overall growth of our platform, data products and services. We are looking for someone that is passionate about automation, repeatability, quality, and knowledge sharing within a team environment. You will partner with data teams across Shutterstock to understand requirements and collaborate on providing solutions at scale.
* Configuration, setup, automation and auto-scaling of data related components in a cloud environment
* Ownership of cost, performance, monitoring, and scale management in a cloud environment including recommendations
* Evaluate relevant new and mature technologies as needs, gaps, and opportunities arise
* Work closely and collaboratively in an Agile environment with our engineers and product teams to analyze issues and find new insights covering our business and operations
* Day to day operational support of data infrastructure and services
* Infrastructure as code - Terraform experience
* Strong expertise/background with Linux
* CI/CD systems experience (Jenkins, Kubernetes)
* Experience with configuration management systems (Puppet, Chef)
* Focus on delivering a quality experience to customers
* Must be self starter and motivated
* 2+ years experience in managing AWS resources
* Understanding of VPC, EC2, Route53, Kinesis, ECS, IAM, and other AWS concepts
* EMR, Hadoop, Redshift operations experience
* Strong understanding of Docker
* Proficiency in Python, Java, or Scala
* Proficiency in SQL, Hive or another SQL-on-Hadoop tool
* Experience with stream processing technology [Kafka, Spark, Storm, Samza, Flink].
* NoSQL exposure [Cassandra, MongoDB, DynamoDB]
* RDBMS exposure [MySQL, SQL Server, etc]
* Experience with ETL [SnapLogic, Pentaho, Scalding, Cascading, Luigi, Oozie]
* Experience with Cassandra, Vertica
* Data science and modeling pipeline experience
About Shutterstock, Inc.
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), directly and through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 750,000 contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, and currently has more than 260 million images and more than 14 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world and customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media offering; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform, Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; and Shutterstock Editorial, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
For more information, please visit www.shutterstock.com and follow Shutterstock on Twitter and on Facebook.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Shutterstock is a stock photography agency providing photographs, illustrations, vectors, videos and music to businesses and individuals.