Shutterstock is looking to hire a skilled Network Security Architect to be part of our Cybersecurity Operations & Incident Management team. The ideal candidate will possess a strong background in technical networking and information security and be able to apply this experience both on-prem and in the cloud. This role will be hands on, and primarily responsible for the design and development of network and security architectures for protecting systems and communications.
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to, the following activities:
* Attend design meetings/reviews and assist with the development of on-premise and cloud-based secure architectures to protect business applications and ensure the highest level of data and network security
* Collaborate with Network Engineering and Infrastructure teams to build highly-available, fault tolerant and secure network solutions (hybrid, VPN, AWS Direct Connect) to support organizational needs
* Review and evaluate current access routes, sites, vendor integration points and security platform integrations; recommend improvements and develop corrective strategies to improve security
* Assist with design and security oversight of next-generation firewalls, intrusion prevention systems, DDoS solutions, SSL-terminating load balancers, WAF, security groups and NACL
* Recommend and manage transmission protection requirements for all environments (systems, applications, containers, etc.) such as VPC peering best practices, SSL certificate management, key pairs, etc.
* Design and implement network monitoring and protection capabilities to help identify and protect against DoS attacks, MITM, EC2 instance compromise, secret compromise, etc.
* Create and maintain comprehensive documentation related to Continuous Support and Incident Response
* Review alerts and data from systems/networks and respond accordingly, including documentation and escalation
* Develop tactical response procedures for security incidents
* Perform network security monitoring, security event triage, and incident response; coordinate with other team members and management to document and report incidents
* Due to the necessary technical support duties of this position in a 24/7 operation, candidate will be part of rotating shifts and will be required to work periodic weekends and/or nights/evenings
Skills and Experience:
* 5+ years of experience within network security, or combination of information security and network engineering
* Required industry security certification (e.g., CISSP, CISM, CISA, CCSP, etc.)
* Hands-on experience with Cloud technologies and cloud networking constructs - AWS Preferred (EC2, ELB, RDS, Route53, CloudFront, S3)
* Expertise with network-based monitoring and security solutions/concepts including IDS, IPS, WAF, Security Groups, NACL
* Experience with site-to-site and corporate VPN solutions, bastion hosts, network segmentation
* Experience with attacks and mitigation methods, working in two or more of the following: Network protocols and secure network design; Operating system internals and hardening (e.g. Windows, Linux, OS X, Android); Web application and browser security; Security assessments and penetration testing; Authentication and access control; Applied cryptography and security protocols; Security monitoring and intrusion detection, Incident response and forensics; Development of security tools, automation or frameworks
* Strong organizational and project management skills
* Proven ability to develop effective partnerships with senior management and peer organizations. Must be able to explain technical concepts and problems to nontechnical senior executives effectively
* Strong written and verbal communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills, resourceful, responsive with strong follow through
This is an individual contributor role and will report to the Sr. Manager of Cybersecurity Operations & Incident Management.
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), directly and through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week and has millions of images and video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world and customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform, Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
For more information, please visit www.shutterstock.com and follow Shutterstock on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Shutterstock is a stock photography agency providing photographs, illustrations, vectors, videos and music to businesses and individuals.