Shutterstock is growing by leaps and bounds and our data is too. We are looking for an ambitious Business Intelligence Software Development Manager with a passion for big data, data modeling, perfect numbers, and insightful analysis. As the organization evolves so has its dependence on data - we are looking for a leader to expand the ways we get data into the hands of decision makers, analysts, and developers across our multiple businesses. Great candidates will be able to understand the big picture needs of a publicly traded international eCommerce business and deliver information with speed, accuracy and clarity.
* Develop, manage and guide a team of BI engineers with a supportive culture and strong focus on creating a working environment that fosters creativity and open communication, as well as one that demands discipline and results
* Encourage active participation in all phases of the project lifecycle, and work with project management to remove impediments and provide visibility to stakeholders
* Identify opportunities in business processes, system capabilities and delivery methodologies for continuous improvement
* Establish a strong collaborative partnership with other tech teams and stakeholders
* Manage and maintain positive and collaborative relationships with internal audit, and external auditors
* Advise executives, product owners, business owners and Agile teams on new products, user workflows, financial impacts and data development strategy
* Work with various stakeholders to understand their complex business needs, data requirements and then address them via analytics solutions
* Manipulate large datasets quickly and efficiently in both relational and "big" data stores
* Experience architecting, implementing, and automating systems to improve our internal processes
* Support streamlining and automation of ad-hoc and standardized reporting functions
* Strong communication skills are a must because of the close work with several teams throughout the organization
* Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize, handle multiple tasks and work independently and driven by accuracy of results.
* Strong understanding of data access patterns and impacts on performance for relational and dimensional models
* Experience with dimensional modeling patterns
* Understanding of columnar data storage formats
* Hands on experience in data warehousing design, tuning and ETL/ELT process development.
* Experience with SQL,T-Sql, SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS and SSRS
* Experience developing software in one of the following languages: C#, Python, Java/Scala (or other JVM language)
* BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, a related field, or equivalent professional experience.
* Experience with modern data pipeline, data warehouse, ETL, data modeling, and BI tools (e.g. Luigi, Airflow; Redshift, Snowflake, Databricks or BigQuery; Google Analytics, Heap, Looker, Tableau or Domo)
* Experience with Cloud infrastructure/services especially AWS
* Familiar with data governance
About Shutterstock, Inc.
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), directly and through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 750,000 contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, and currently has more than 260 million images and more than 14 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world and customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media offering; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform, Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; and Shutterstock Editorial, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
For more information, please visit www.shutterstock.com and follow Shutterstock on Twitter and on Facebook.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Shutterstock is a stock photography agency providing photographs, illustrations, vectors, videos and music to businesses and individuals.