Come join an evolving team with a growth mindset that is undertaking the challenge of building the technical infrastructure that's driving the 4th industrial revolution. CO+I is the organization responsible for Microsoft's cloud and the Datacenter Construction Delivery (DCD) team is responsible for delivering datacenter capacity for the cloud business. We have a portfolio of complex, multi-disciplinary, multi-million, multi-year datacenter construction and lease projects. DCD is looking to fill the critical role of ITIM for our East Region, which will support our leases.
The role of the Integration and technical Infrastructure Manager (ITIM) requires strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills. We are seeking a Program Manager with the ability to self-direct and who has a strong background in Data Center technical construction, with an emphasis on telecoms project/construction management.
The ITIM is responsible for the program management of all integration and fit-out activities associated with MSFT owned systems and/or services and critical infrastructure that is required to be installed into a new data center build or lease facility to deliver capacity to the business. The role requires the identification and management of scopes and interdependencies between all external and internal stakeholders and coordinating same with the physical construction build and contractors. The ITIM is responsible for coordinating the handover process and ensuring the required handover documentation and expectations are met to handover the space to our Operations teams.
Based on our lease program scope of work the ITIM is responsible for producing and managing project plans and executing or supporting of major milestones such as: Early Access, Ready for Service, Ready for Network Install, Corporate Network Live, Security Cx Complete, Fit Out Complete, Lockdown, Colo Ready and for the financial approval and management function of these tasks on leases. This position will be based in Northern Virginia and may also have responsibility for multiple leases in the East coast region.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, business management, electrical engineering, construction management or similar experience. * 5+ years' experience in IT or data center construction related project management. * Self-starter with demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, projects, and deadlines simultaneously * Experience managing large scale enterprise projects with both localized and virtual teams.
* Cross-group collaborator and influencer across teams and organizations with proven success in participating in cross-functional teams to deliver on key projects. * Be able to work within a dynamic team of full-time employees and consultants in a diverse environment. * High personal standard to deliver a thoughtful, polished and quality work product * Understanding of earned value management and other project budget tracking metrics. * BICSI RCDD or similar Telecommunications Design/Installation Experience preferred * Previous Data Center construction or management experience a plus. * Project Management Professional (PMP) certification through Project Management Institute (PMI). * OSHA Construction Health & Safety Knowledge
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
The key responsibilities of the ITIM includes, but is not limited to:
* The ITIM will be a relentless advocate for managing a safe worksite , supporting the implementation of the Microsoft High Risk Activity (HRA) program and work with the lease fit-out teams to deliver trade collaboration methods to improve safe working and coordination of the job sites. * The ITIM will be responsible for coordinating internal Microsoft scope and resource efforts, requirements, and schedules with the fit-out contractors, Owner Furnished Vendors and Suppliers to ensure a smooth and timely handover of the constructed Data Center facility and capacity to the Microsoft Operations team and Business Groups. * The ITIM will coordinate with the Data Center Engineering (DCE) team and supporting specialty consultants to review, improve and execute the Basis of Design (BOD). * The ITIM is responsible for the procurement, coordination and execution of the following scopes: electrical power to the rack level, hot or cold containment, telecom installation, security systems installation, corporate network deployment and turn-up. * Develop Scope of Work (SOW) documentation for the procurement of lease fit-outs to align with Microsoft's RFQ (Request for Quote) guidelines and policies. * The ITIM will be the responsible identifying and managing stakeholder dependencies and construction deliverables and handoffs for/with the following Microsoft teams: E2E (End-to-End), NID (Network Infrastructure Deployment), Security (DCPS), Microsoft IT (CSE&O), DCI NE (Network Engineering) and Telephony. * The ITIM will work alongside the DCD Construction Manager and report into the Regional ITIM team leader
* Create and/or maintain best practices to identify and incorporate cost-effective solutions in line with evolving Division 1 specification requirements and report on KPIs for the same. * Manage the selection, contracting, and integration of multiple vendors/subcontractors and internal partners. * Drive deployment of solutions that can be socialized globally across DCD projects, both builds and leases. * Facilitate client/sponsor decision-making to drive solutions, schedules, and manage change as required. * Apply influence and persuasion strategies and negotiation skills to identify options and recommend solutions.
* Regularly reviews cost and KPI metrics, invoices, process/policy communications to client partners. * Coordinate meetings and activities of lessors, vendors, cost managers, and integration of lessons learned in support of delivery of our critical environment capacity. * Attend scheduled owner/architect/contractor (OAC) and other project meetings, and report, as necessary. * Provide weekly project status reporting to Data Center Execution standards including project progress on safety, scope, schedule, and budget in relation to the Integration scope and packages as required. * Challenge and remove barriers by working with others around a shared need or customer benefit. * Ability to maintain a broader perspective, identify and evaluate opportunities to enhance the business through cross-group collaboration. * Incorporate diverse and inclusive perspectives to thoroughly address dynamic business situations.
* Responsible for developing, managing, and reporting on safety, scope, schedule, and budget in relation to the Integration and technical fit-out scope and packages. * Work independently in support of the Data Center Development Projects. * Track lessons learned and identify and execute on cost down site up opportunities. * Provide Vendor oversight and performance management, as required. * Review and approval of vendor scope of work and design reviews of site and building plans, as required. * Validate subcontractor pay-applications and invoice review and approval in line with milestone payment schedules.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.