343 Industries, the studio developing titles in the Halo universe, is looking for a Lead Sandbox Engineer to join our team working on the next installment in our franchise… Halo Infinite!
At 343 Industries, our mission is to inspire heroes and deliver wonder. We strive to elevate and amplify each other. The Sandbox team is responsible for developing the player facing mechanics of Halo Infinite. As the Lead Sandbox Engineer, you will drive the feel of Halo gameplay by partnering with design to implement their vision.
343 Industries has developed a set key studio values which simultaneously define, shape, and drive our workplace: https://www.343industries.com/studio. Candidates are expected to be familiar with these values and should be prepared to demonstrate ways in which they reflect this vision. We strive to elevate and amplify each other, and in addition to delivering technical gameplay features this position will be responsible for shepherding career development of the team.
* 3+ years as a lead engineer.
* 6+ years of professional gameplay programming experience.
* 8+ years of professional C++ experience.
* Experience with modern game engines.
* Comfortable working with large complex codebases.
* Excellent technical and non-technical communication skills.
* History of successful feature planning and delivery within a production environment.
* Experience with LUA or similar scripting systems.
* Experience developing data-driven systems.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Collaborate directly with designers to enable their vision.
* Partner with other developers across the studio.
* Guide the team to develop and maintain engineering excellence.
* Drive technical systems design and planning.
* Ensure a great Halo gameplay experience.
* Manage a team of 4-5 engineers.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.