PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of high-quality light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates. PACCAR designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services - you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
Peterbilt Motors Company
On highways, construction sites, city streets, and logging roads - everywhere our customers earn their living - Peterbilt's red oval is a familiar symbol of performance, reliability and pride. Peterbilt has reigned as America's premium quality truck manufacturer since the company's founding in 1939. Our dedication to deliver products and services focused on improving customers' performance, image, profitability and peace of mind truly makes Peterbilt the Class of the Industry.
Peterbilt has an immediate need for a talented and self-motivated Data Analytics Specialist. This position will support the Warranty Department with reporting and in-depth data analysis. This role reports to the Quality Improvement Data Manager.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
* Extract, clean, merge, transform and compile data from various data sources, including relational databases, flat files, NoSQL databases and unstructured data
* Develop new process improvements to increase the speed, accuracy and efficiency of our work
* Provide accurate, relevant and meaningful ad-hoc analysis to management to support strategic and tactical decision-making
* Create and present materials on data projects
* Create and implement dashboards and reports in Tableau to share metrics and insights with team members and senior executives
* Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or related field
* Minimum two years of applicable job experience, with a proven ability to make process improvements
* Experience in creating executive/summary level dashboards and reports, integrating many data sources
* Strong understanding of advanced Tableau features and capabilities
* Experience with, or understanding of, programming (R, Python, Java, or C#)
* Substantive experience working with structured and unstructured data, including relational databases (SQL Server), flat files (CSV), and NoSQL databases (MongoDB)
* Must be a highly-motivated self-starter and self-directed learner with a creative mind, high attention to detail and a solution-oriented outlook
* Candidate must demonstrate strong analytical skills, excellent general business acumen, with the ability to concisely and clearly communicate complex topics
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
* MBA or Master's degree in Computational Finance, Analytics, MIS or related field; or professional certifications such as CFA, CBIP, or MSCE in Business Intelligence
* Demonstrable in-depth understanding of data structures and ETL processes (including SSIS)
* Familiarity with cloud storage and compute on AWS
* Experience working with big data (Scala, Spark, Pig, Snowflake, Teradata)
* Experience with container deployments (Docker, Kubernetes, ECS)
* Experience with the operationalization and maintenance of analytics APIs using Plumber, Flask, Swagger and similar
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, or related field is required.
Additional Job Board Information
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability.
Nearest Major Market: Denton
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Job Segment: Data Analyst, Analytics, Database, Business Intelligence, Data Warehouse, Data, Management, Technology
PACCAR is engaged in design, manufacture and customer support of premium light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates.