Kenworth Truck Company is the manufacturer of The World's Best® heavy and medium duty trucks. Kenworth is an industry leader in providing fuel-saving technology solutions that help increase fuel efficiency and reduce emissions. The company's dedication to the green fleet includes aerodynamic trucks, advanced embedded control systems, and a range of powertrain technologies that include the MX engine family and compressed and liquefied natural gas trucks. Central to this dedication is Kenworth's commitment to advanced embedded systems that deliver industry-leading safety, fuel efficiency, and service. Kenworth was the first truck manufacturer to receive the Environmental Protection Agency's Clean Air Excellence award in recognition of its environmentally friendly products, and continues to be an industry leader in meeting the most stringent emissions standards.
* Design and release of electrical and electronic systems and architecture for heavy commercial truck.
* Integrate subsystems into vehicle electrical/electronic network architecture.
* Develop and document engineering specifications for new vehicle functions.
* Obtain agreement from cross-divisional counterparts on global design direction.
* Support test organization in identification and resolution of design issues. Update architectural documents accordingly.
* Provide interface documentation to wiring design, software architect(s), and other engineering design groups.
* Contribute to development and continuous improvement of procedures and practices that ensure industry-leading, high-quality, reliable electronic systems and architecture. Manage engineering and project management processes to maintain schedule, budget, and functionality.
* Keep abreast of emerging industry trends in the field of commercial vehicle E/E systems, network architecture and technology.
* Up to 10% travel (domestic and international).
* BSEE or equivalent degree required.
* Master's degree and PE license preferred.
* 4+ years of design experience in automotive or commercial vehicle electrical systems or industry-related field preferred.
* Experience in design and application of automotive electronic control modules, switches, driver input devices, software, or HMI elements.
* Solid understanding of Six Sigma disciplines and tools preferred.
* Experience with automotive or commercial vehicle networks, such as CAN, SAE J1939 and LIN preferred.
* Proficiency using Requirements Management tools and Systems Engineering tools desired. Experience using Matlab/Simulink, IBM Rational Rhapsody, IBM Rational DOORS, IBM Rational Team Concert, Sparx Enterprise Architect, and/or HP Quality Center is a plus.
* Willing to learn and use new engineering processes and techniques and be resourceful in solving complex technical problems.
* Experience in product development and new product implementation.
* Able to work in a team environment.
* Familiarity with personal computer software including project management tools, word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
* Willingness to grow personally and professionally, and be results oriented.
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Bellevue
Job Segment: Architecture, Engineer, Electrical, Embedded, Developer, Engineering, Technology
PACCAR is engaged in design, manufacture and customer support of premium light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates.