Job TitleCustomer Support / Field Service Engineer
Location(s)Atlanta, Chicago, Duluth, Johns Creek, United States
The primary duties of the Customer Support Engineer are to install, maintain, repair and verify performance of equipment at customer sites ensuring best-in-class service.
* Provides routine support to customers on operational and maintenance aspects of system equipment
* Performs on-site service, repair and/or installation of company products - This may include any aspect of field support and is not limited to mechanical/system hardware and software, networking/wireless networking
* Serves as customer contact on routine technical and service related problems
* Schedules and performs preventative maintenance per department policy
* Monitors customer equipment performance and is able to respond and resolve most routine issues
* Escalates complex problems and issues to higher levels
* Follows documented practices, policies and procedures in providing repair and installation support
* Diagnoses mechanical, hardware, software and system failure, using established procedures
* Determines most cost-effective repair/resolution to minimize customer downtime
* Provides analysis, feedback and recommendations on product failure trends and service ability issues
* Documents all activity in a manner compliant with company's quality procedures
* Is responsible for maintaining and continuously improving the quality system and achieving quality objectives through daily actions
* Is responsible for ensuring and maximizing customer satisfaction with PerkinElmer equipment and related products
* Promotes effective, positive, and productive communication among team to ensure and maximize satisfaction of customer base
* Manages customer accounts at a level that promotes goodwill, confidence and credibility to exceed customer expectations in terms of product, service, and support quality
* Identifies revenue generating and cost saving opportunities, implements the PerkinElmer Diagnostics service agreement policy, and seeks out opportunities to market service contracts to existing customers
* Travel up to 70%, a non-traditional role with the ability to respond to customers on nights and weekends when needed
* BS/BA preferred in Chemistry, Biology or Biomedical Engineering or other science related field
* Minimum of 2-3 years directly related experience in medical and biological research device service and support preferred.
* Experience with IFA and ELISA assays helpful
* Experience with Automated Liquid Handling, Micro-fluidics, and motion control systems preferred.
* Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose complex technical issues
* Strong electro-mechanical skills.
* Excellent organizational and communication skills.
* Valid Drivers License
* Experience in MS-Office products
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
PerkinElmer is a global leader focused on improving the health and safety of people and the environment.