Cu stomer Experience Design Architect - Consumer
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations with nearly 2,000 journalists in more than 75 bureaus globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Where this role is based: New York, NY
What we do:
As a member of the Customer Experience Design team (CXD), you will be challenged to think about the complete end-to-end customer experience for all of Dow Jones' Consumer and B2B products--from a new customer ordering a subscription to The Wall Street Journal, to the 20 year subscriber who calls customer service to report a delivery issue, or the Factiva customer looking to set up a new content alert for her company.
CXD is part of the Customer Service & Experience Design department, which is responsible for consistently providing seamless customer service, purposeful experiences, and valued, lasting relationships with our customers.
What you will do:
* Work as part of the team which owns, coordinates, drives and designs the Customer Experience across our products, services and brands.
* Map customer journeys across the customer lifecycle, capturing touchpoints, highlighting areas of friction, and proposing opportunities for improvement. This may be done in conjunction with a product launch or change, or as part of the continuous review of our customer experiences
* Identify customer cohorts and tailor customer journeys accordingly
* Advocate on behalf of the Customer during all business engagements to ensure a consistent and valuable experience for each customer, and by bringing the voice of the customer to life
* Inspire the business to be customer-centric, by contributing to business-wide understanding of metrics, performance and design principles
* Be the guardian of the customer experience - stimulating constructive critique, conversation and contributions from across the business.
* Support the customer experience from across the globe - it is essential that the candidate can travel to our US Customer Service hub in Princeton, NJ or internationally, as needed
You must have:
* 2-4 years experience in 1 or more of the following areas: Business Process Modelling/Mapping, Business Analysis, Design Thinking, Project Management, Customer Experience or Customer Service (preferably in a Media or technology business.)
* An analytical mindset, you need to be able to translate data and insight into value-driving business plans.
* An ability to build strong, delivery-focussed relationships with all levels of stakeholders inside and outside CXD, Customer Service & Experience Design, and across Dow Jones. Successful CXD architects are approachable, easy to work with, and team players.
* An ability to problem-solve: be a self-starter when tackling projects and constantly ask "what could go wrong for the customer?"
* An ability to manage multiple projects and moving parts within a project at once, as well as able to prioritize and reprioritize as business needs change.
* An intellectual curiosity about paid content and media. The CXD team consistently examines good and bad customer experiences inside and outside of the publishing industry, and is on top of the latest digital industry news and trends.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: PRINT & ENT SVCS - CUSTOMER SERVICE
Job Category: Design Technology Group
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 17253
About Dow Jones
Dow Jones is a news and business information provider that delivers content to consumers and organizations via newspapers and more.