* As part of a cross-functional agile software team, you will design, implement,and maintain our web applications in a highly collaborative environment
* Participate and lead technical discussions about technology, infrastructure and consider the pros/cons of a technology choice based on business value, scalability, maintainability and project delivery performance.
* Support Dow Jones technical cultural values and are capable of driving toward solutions independently, seeking feedback when appropriate.
* Maintain and share knowledge in emerging technologies and tools in the industry
* Being able to prioritize and manage work, adhering to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment.
* Work on shared technologies across multiple products to deliver high impact features
* 3+ years experience developing web applications
* Proven understanding of Computer Science fundamentals including web development, service-oriented architecture, cloud computing, test driven development and domain driven design.
* BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
* Exposure to Docker, AWS or other cloud or container based application deployment a plus
* Experience with NoSQL - S3, Redis, Memcached, BigQuery, ElastiCache, ORM
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: TECHNOLOGY - PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
Job Category: IT Development Group
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 16257
About Dow Jones
Dow Jones is a news and business information provider that delivers content to consumers and organizations via newspapers and more.