Job Description: This Lead Software Engineer will focus on building and ensuring delivery of applications and services to the business. They will continuously strive to improve the release and development processes to ensure reliable and high product quality. They will champion the product scalability, usability, reliability, functionality and performance-related aspects of the system.
* Scales themselves by delegating effectively;
* Ensures tasks are completed as specified.
* Proactive in identifying and clearing roadblocks for the team
* Understands and practices agile software development and management
* Defines and implements application architecture models and programming standards with direction setting support.
* Design and implement the developers', testing, application monitoring/control, change management and implementation.
* Defines application development standards for designing, building and maintaining applications, application components, and common services including the recommended use of languages and tools.
* Partners effectively with product to manage scope and deliverables for the technical side of the product roadmap
* Able to identify areas of strategic technical debt and provide cost/benefit analysis for eliminating this debt and suggested timelines for how to prioritize it
* The successful candidate must work will with product and development people throughout the organization
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: TECHNOLOGY - PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
Job Category: IT Development Group
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 16440
About Dow Jones
Dow Jones is a news and business information provider that delivers content to consumers and organizations via newspapers and more.