Req ID: 47931
Job Family: Information Technology/Software Development
Sabre is the global leader in innovative technology that leads the travel industry. We are always looking for bright and driven people who have a penchant for technology and want to hone their skills. If you are interested in challenging work, being part of a global team, and solving complex problems through technology, business intelligence and analytics, and Agile practices - then Sabre is right for you! It is our people who develop and deliver powerful solutions that meet the current and future needs for our airline, hotel, and travel agency customers.
The candidate will possess the following characteristics:
* A passion to explore, identify, and solve real business problems using large volumes of data
* Ability to work in a multicultural team environment
* Ability to gather, prepare, and manipulate large datasets
* Ability to create, train, and implement Machine Learning models
* Persistence and willingness to learn and apply new techniques/new tools constantly
* Functional knowledge of one of the analytical tools (e.g. R, Matlab) or one programming language (Python, Java, C++, Scala)
* Creativity in using available tools and out-of-the-box thinking to provide viable solutions to problems
* Ability to demonstrate findings by creating compelling visualizations using tools such as Tableau, Plotly, Bokeh, or similar
* Ability to explain complicated analytical solutions to a non-technical group of people
* Strong statistical, analytical, and problem-solving skills
* Querying skills (one of SQL, no SQL etc).
* Thorough understanding of Advanced Analytics and Machine Learning (e.g. Recommendation engines, forecasting, clustering, classifiers etc.) and applied statistics
* Ability to dive into complex systems/issues and business problems, and able to quickly grasp/define ambiguous or theoretical situations
* Ability to wrangle large amounts of data, draw insights, and summarize for business communication
* Master's degree (or advanced student) in Mathematics, Data Science, Computer Science, Physics, Economics or Statistics or similar strictly quantitative field.
* Academic credentials can be replaced with solid hacking experience
Sabre is a technology solutions provider to the global travel and tourism industry.