Req ID: 46332
Job Family: Information Technology/Software Development
Sabre is the global leader in innovative technology that leads the travel industry. We are always looking for bright and driven people who have a penchant for technology and want to hone their skills. If you are interested in challenging work, being part of a global team, and solving complex problems through technology, business intelligence and analytics, and Agile practices - then Sabre is right for you! It is our people who develop and deliver powerful solutions that meet the current and future needs for our airline, hotel, and travel agency customers.
Sabre is the global leader in innovative technology that leads the travel industry. We are always looking for bright and driven people who have a penchant for technology and want to hone their skills. If you are interested in challenging work, being part of a global team, and solving complex problems through technology, business intelligence and analytics, and Agile practices - then Sabre is right for you!
Sabre Red Workspace is the main Point of Sale application that provides agents with access to Sabre GDS and other tools.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Develops, codes, tests and debugs new non-complex software solutions or enhancements to existing software in a maintenance capacity. Has good understanding of business application. Works with technical staff to understand problems with software and resolve them. Resolves customer complaints with software performance and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or equivalent.
Experience: 5+ years of experience in software application deployments, System Ownership and system administration.
"Must have" skills:
* Programming experience in Java Development Kit 7.0 or higher.
* Should be familiar with unix/Linux scripting application server deployments and configuration.
* Excellent Object Oriented Programming and Design Patterns knowledge
* Experience with XML, XSD, Web Services(soap, rest services)
* Deep knowledge of Java software development platforms.
* Familiarity with apache, tomcat server and containerization configurations.
* Good DevOps experience.
* Clear understanding of various delivery pipeline approaches.
* Use of Ansible, Puppet, or Chef server configuration management.
* Experience with AWS and Infrastructure as Code is a plus.
* Experience with Jenkins/ teamcity or other CICD tools
* Experience with branching strategies (GIT, SVN)
* Familiarity with PCI and security scans and responsible own and drive these upgrades.
* Basic networking concepts.
* Cloud experience is a plus.
* Good written and verbal communication skills in English
* Should be a team player with passion to learn.
"Nice to have" skills:
* Knowledge of Eclipse RCP, OSGi, SWT is a plus
* Knowledge of web technologies and application servers( Apache, Tomcat)
* Experience with Agile - Scrum framework
Sabre is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. Applicants applying for a Sabre position with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact Sabre's Employee Relations Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sabre is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals. EEO IS THE LAW
Stay connected with Sabre Careers
Job Segment: Developer, Computer Science, Cloud, Java, Unix, Technology
Apply now "
Sabre is a technology solutions provider to the global travel and tourism industry.