Were you the kid who liked to take things apart to figure out how to make it work better/faster? Imagine you just bought a high-performance vehicle and now you have the opportunity to work directly with the Engineers to analyze its overall performance, test it in many different scenarios and then make the necessary improvements right on the spot. What if you could do that same thing for our customers?
If you are interested in using your excellent coding and testing skills to have a cross divisional impact on test design, test practices, test frameworks than we have a position for you in the Cross Domain Delivery Testing Team.
The ideal candidate will have:
* Knowledge in one or more of the following: C# or C++ or Azure
* 2+ years' experience testing Dynamics CRM
* Experience designing and developing generic test automation framework preferred
* Experience in software application testing.
* 2+ years of performance/scale/stress testing is highly desirable
* Strong sense of teamwork, personal integrity, responsibility and accountability
* Additional Skills would include proficiency in MS SQL Server, SQL and data manipulation, and tuning. SharePoint development and deployment experience.
* Project management skills would be helpful.
TRAVEL: Ability to travel frequently (50-75%) to client locations and Microsoft lab facilities in the Americas
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
This position will offer you the ability to drive the test architecture and integration of best practices across teams. To that end, we are looking for a person who combines technical depth/breadth and great cross-group skills. The ideal candidate for this position will have a passion for technology, a technical consulting background, and possess a strong interest in application/services integration technologies. The position will involve partnering with the customer's test strategist to lead the test team, author test plans on the spot and create an overall test framework for large scale applications. They should be an experienced and high performing individual with demonstrated experience of testing in a large & complex product/service environment
Key Areas of responsibility include:
* The delivery of high quality Consulting engagements around Microsoft's solution areas, technologies and products in diverse client environments.
* Stabilizing developed solutions using Microsoft methodologies in complex customer environments.
* The design and development of integrated solutions using the latest Microsoft products and technologies.
* Understanding the relevant application development, infrastructure and operations implications of the developed solution.
* Working with customers to plan and test the performance, availability, and scalability of their applications. Collaborating closely with Microsoft relationship owners and development teams to understand unique customer issues, to effectively simulate customer scenarios, create test plans, new test cases and suites of scripts for testing, as well as provide the larger Microsoft consulting community with case studies and methodology documentation.
* Gain deep understanding of language implementations and the web developer mindset
* Creating project/test plans, developing test automation, conducting performance test sprints, leading engagements, documenting performance issues and improvements, and understanding and developing testing best practices.
Primary Testing Skills:
* Application lifecycle (functional & non-functional) testing experience
* Proficient and comfortable using the Visual Studio IDE and C# development language
* Experience with and Load Tests in Visual Studio
* Test scenario/case design, development and review experience (from business requirements)
* Net development experience and application troubleshooting experience (Windbg, Profiling)
* Experience using TFS and other 3rd party ALM solutions.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.