Why Work for Us?
The Michaels Companies, Inc., is North America's largest arts and crafts specialty retailer, with more than 1,300 stores in the United States and Canada. Together the teams in our stores, distribution and manufacturing centers, and support center work together to help our customers make creativity happen. We offer career growth, benefits packages, retirement plans, tuition reimbursement, and more. Michaels Team Members also enjoy a wide variety of ways to save including discounts at our stores, select fitness and childcare centers, restaurants, hotels, and more.
Our Lancaster Distribution Center is currently seeking a highly motivated and passionate Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) Administrator to join the team.
What will you be doing?
The CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System) Administrator updates and maintains as directed all information relating to asset information, bills of materials, safety procedures, preventative maintenance programming and master maintenance planning
* Lead the DC CMMS Administrators and provide guidance
* Ensure CMMS system is standardized at all DCs
* Periodically Audit DCs utilization of CMMS for accuracy
* Develop Standard Processes for the CMMS platform
* Ensure Asset Structure is properly implemented and maintained for each building
* Identify Second Sourcing opportunities and bid
* Generate purchase requisitions as needed for RM or Capital
* Track Capital requisition status, PO delivery to vendors and invoicing.
* Assist in forecasting and budgeting of RM and Capital expenditures
* Participates in CMMS software implementation projects at regional level
* Measures and publish facilities and engineering metrics to the management team; interpret data and recommend findings
* Performs regular data analysis on parts/assets and recommend software enhancements and process changes.
* Performs regular data analysis on CMMS implementation and utilization across all DCs
* Works with FM and DC Network FM to roll out a standard approach to maintenance management, Preventive Maintenance (PM) procedures and scheduling; and CMMS reports.
* Provides software training to end users and new CMMS Administrators; serves as liaison for problem solving and escalation. Be able to coach and educate staff on the CMMS functions and best practices for performing tasks.
* Ensures DCs CMMS performs spare parts inventory management and auditing on a regular basis and publishes weekly spare part cycle count results to the facilities management team.
* Maintain Facilities Budget tracking
* May be required to Travel to DCs as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Understanding of Facilities Management trades, common repairs, parts and services.
* Superior customer service skills and orientation
* Ability to multitask and maintain professionalism at all times, sometimes under stressful situations
* Superior ability to plan an manage work, and meet deadlines, under minimal supervision
* Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
* Must have good communication skills (written, oral and people skills) to sustain superior customer and team interaction
* Possess collaborative working style
DC Environmental Factors:
* Exposure to extreme temperatures dependent on external climate
* Moderate noise level from DC conveyor/sortation system
* Occasional vibration if/when operating powered industrial equipment
The Michaels Companies is a company that owns and operates arts and crafts specialty retail stores.