Why Work for Us?
The Michaels Companies, Inc., is North America's largest arts and crafts specialty retailer. Together the teams in our stores, distribution and manufacturing centers, and support center work together to help our customers make creativity happen. We offer career growth, benefits packages, retirement plans, tuition reimbursement, and more. Michaels Team Members also enjoy a wide variety of ways to save including discounts at our stores, select fitness and childcare centers, restaurants, hotels, and more.
We are currently recruiting for a Sr Developer located in our Support Center (Global Headquarters) located in Irving, TX.
What will you be doing?
The Sr. Developer is responsible for the development, administration, design, testing, deployment, technical documentation and technical support for the Control-M batch job scheduling tool. Expected development activities include working on API's and Integration, as well as establishing technical protocols for job workload automation to reach full potential of the tool.
How will you do it?
* Providing a strategic view of defining and developing job flows for new and existing applications and collaborates with Application/Infrastructure Managers and development leads
* Document all design specifications for coding and applying proper programming standards and documenting major changes
* Takes a Jobs-as-Code approach to accelerate application build, test, and validation
* Develops and proposes new improvements, addresses concerns (meeting/not meeting Job SLAs) and identifies and implements new protocols, technology and application changes that will improve production job schedule
* Presents complex code designs to various levels of the organization to propose transformational batch job improvements that aligns with business needs
* Introduces and implements optimized solutions to provide continuous software delivery that will benefit the application/infra teams that utilize the Control-M application
* Provides innovative solutions, scripting/programming, and liaise with Information technology personnel using automation Rest API's and integration plug-ins
* Delivers business driven key performance indictors and corresponding governance processes ensuring tool operational sustainability and scalability
* Familiar with implementing site standards, usage of Workload Change Manager, and product installation
* Architects, automates, develops, configures and troubleshoots the Control-M products deployed on various Unix, Linux, and VM servers
Leadership and General Responsibilities
* Proposes and develops complex production scheduling, project or recovery efforts, providing recovery analysis for application and job schedule failures
* Develops, per industry standards, code improvements to the Control-M Job scheduler application
* Strong communication, analytical, development, and troubleshooting skills.
* Candidate should be Self-motivated, a Self-learner, and possess critical thinking
* Promotes continuous integration and improvements using software development concepts
* Communicates key metric reporting for key areas of Control-M to keep management informed
* Follows and enforces standards and procedures in key areas of support
* Trains and mentor's production control-m analysts and other production services partners
* Provides guidance to vendor partners and application/infrastructure teams to enforce application development standards in key areas of Control-M support
* Provides L3 support to cross functional application and infrastructure teams
* In accordance with Michaels Stores Inc. guiding principles, will complete Incident and Problem reports in a timely manner, participate in key meetings, provide on-call support and conducts moderate-to-complex training in key disciplines
What Skills you will need to do your job?
Bachelor's degree in a related field or the equivalent experience in an environment where Control-M are the primary tools.
Unix, and Windows XP, Control-M or other scheduling hardware
Experience with Active Directory, Unix based operating systems (Linux, HP-UX, AIX preferred) and Windows systems.
Advanced knowledge of a variety of operating systems (AIX-UNIX, Windows NT/2000, OS/400), job scheduling tools (Control-M)
Knowledgeable in common shell scripting and programming languages (PERL, PowerShell, Java, shell, batch, JSON, Python, etc.)
Knowledge of object-oriented programming
7+ years of experience in Control-M and scheduling and Service Management concepts
1+ years Unix/Linux System Application Administration experience
2+ years' experience in Jobs-as-Code (DevOPS), Automation API, JSON, REST APIs and a node.js CLI for workflows and artifacts
5+ years Control-M configuration, AFT, Self Service, WCM, Change Management
6-8 years operations experience in monitoring, incident handling and escalation for Control-M jobs
5+ years' experience Design, Code, Implement custom scripting solutions
Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word and Visio)
Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
Ability to evaluate problems logically, handle complex scheduling, meet defined service levels and provide technical leadership
Strong interpersonal skills with strong problem analysis, diagnosis and troubleshooting skills
Proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills
Console operations, job scheduling, or related information technology experience (6+ years)
Using automated scheduling, diagnostic, monitoring, problem and change management tools (6 years)
Participating in systems development and implementation projects (4+ years)
Passion for programing
The Michaels Companies is a company that owns and operates arts and crafts specialty retail stores.