Azure App Service is Azure's leading Platform as a Service (PaaS) offering, enabling developers to quickly build, deploy and scale web and API apps.
App Service supports a wide range of development frameworks and languages including popular OSS languages such as PHP, Node.js and Python. Workloads range from the largest enterprise customer applications to hobbyist developers and everything in between. Customers love App Service because of its low barrier to entry for starting the journey to the cloud, while providing the headroom, scale and features to handle complex and demanding workloads. We are looking for a program manager (PM) to join this frenetically growing service and help shape the future of Azure App Service.
* Minimum of 3 years of experience with Web/API application development, at Cloud scale
* The candidate must have a deep working knowledge of either Python, or Node.js. The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of both languages.
* Working knowledge of at least one major application development focused Cloud service.
* Working knowledge of Linux, as well as Docker containers is a plus.
* Proven experience in public speaking and presenting Technical topics.
* Minimum 4 year Engineering, or STEM degree.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check. This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Work with customers to understand real world requirements and translate those requirements into a combination of features and product guidance.
* Reason through fuzzy and ill-defined problems, distill information into actionable requirements and plans, and drive final resolution of problems.
* Regularly present on App Service and related Azure offerings through a variety of venues including major Microsoft marketing events, one-on-one customer meetings, and social media channels.
* Understand the competitive landscape of cloud offerings in the application developer space, and drive requirements and features to address compete scenarios.
* Process multiple formal and informal data streams including product metrics to develop both a qualitative and quantitative understanding of the platform, and drive measurable changes based on the data.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.