Looking for building careers in web scale clouding technologies or artificial intelligence and solve challenging and rewarding real world problem for billions of users? Please read more detail below.
Over the last few years the Bing Multimedia (MM) team has been the biggest and consistent contributor to query share growth for Bing as well as key differentiation feature for bing against competitions. The team prides itself in breeding ground-up innovation and have a desire to lead innovation within exploding multimedia space, through innovations in experience in camera, recommendations via Bing Image feed, media based knowledge discovery. It has brought many industry leading experiences like task completion through media content and Bing visual search (lets users to search within an image) to name a few. With the advent of mobile-first computing and Microsoft's focus on mobility and AI, we are perfectly aligned to bring some of the unique media rich scenarios to this space.
Image Index and Knowledge Team is essential part of Bing multimedia team to provide both scalable, responsive, agile platform and mining comprehensive, fresh, rich, and clean image content from entire internet to power various MM scenarios such as following
* Image vertical (www.bing.com/images/search?q=national+parks) - Bing's Image Search engine for discovery and exploration of images on the web, search by image and visual search.
* Image Visual search (www.bing.com/visualsearch) Bing's Image visual search to search within an image
We have set mission to empower and enlighten our users through images to help them explore and discover the world. Positions with our team involve deep thinking and experimentation to solve the many challenging problems in both distributed system and ML/CV/NLP space that we face. We are looking for a self-motivated and talented researcher/developer to own one of the complex feature areas and drive E2E results to our users. This is a fun and fast paced environment, where developers are empowered to innovate and build your own career. Curiosity, creativity and versatility are strongly valued.
* Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Mathematics, or related field
* 3+ years of experience with general purpose programming language (C/C++/C#/Java/Python etc.)
* 3+ years in ML and data mining related academic or industrial experience
* Excellent Communication skills and ability to work in collaborative environment
* Passion and self-motivated
* Embrace engineering excellence and delivering quality results at scale.
* Ph.D. preferred
* Strong machine learning / computer vision / natural language processing experience and results in academy or industry.
* Experience in open source (spark, hbase, hadoop etc) or microsoft internal tech (cosmos, autopiot, azure) are big plus as well as most of our project/scenario is across system and AI areas
* Publications in Major ML/IR/NLP/CV conferences
* Prior Tech lead or dev lead
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
As applied scientist, for a given user problem in wide range of areas including index selection, relevance, captions etc, you are responsible to participate in E2E solution which includes analyze the problem, define metrics, collect training data, select or develop your model, evaluate you model and ship to production, and continue to listen for internal/external feedback and improve metric and model to please our users and power various scenario. You are also expected to have good engineer knowledge and skills as we are dealing with web scale data on distributed system, even in training or data analysis problem.
We are looking for a self-motivated and talented researcher/developer to own one of the complex feature areas. This is a fun and fast paced environment, where developers are empowered to innovate and build your own career. Curiosity, creativity and versatility are strongly valued and the team has compelling projects to offer for NLP, CV, Machine learning and data mining. You will be expected to drive the project from conception to end. Strong machine learning / computer vision / natural language processing background would be a huge plus.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.