Consider a career as a Cloud Operations Architect within T-Mobile's Home + Entertainment team in downtown Denver's Wynkoop location. In this role, you will be responsible for operational considerations for our applications running in Kubernetes Docker Containers hosted on AWS. In this role, you will ensure our services are configured optimally, scale in a timely manner, have deep telemetry/monitoring and alerting, review/update CI/CD pipelines, manage S3 buckets, Lambda configuration, API gateway, caching, DBs, and more. If you have a passion for cloud ecosystems and ensuring they are running well, come join our team!
We offer excellent technology, team, location, competitive comp, bonus, stocks and perks!
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comMust have the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
* Experience as a tech lead for architecture and design large scale AWS deployment
* Networking skills to the extent you and troubleshoot connectivity issues
* Strong experience with containerization, preferably Kubernetes/Docker
* Ability to implement and operate AWS Platform and services it provides
* Certified AWS architect preferred but not required
* AWS CI/CD Pipeline deployments using Jenkins
* Linux OS and command line experience
* Strong communication skills (Written, verbal and interpersonal) to lead and effectively engage stakeholders across multi-discipline to conceptualize best-fit solution from available technical options
* Be able to clearly articulate pros and cons and lead the team to right technology path
* Experience within agile environments
* Experience with configuration and orchestration tools (e.g., Ansible, Chef, Puppet, CloudFormation, OpsWorks)
* Nice to Have the following:
* Microservices running in a Kubernetes Docker container infrastructure
* Experience in developing new deployment pipelines and processes from scratch
* Experience with hardening to meeting security standards.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
* Recommend architecture changes to the infrastructure to enhance system capability. Add Caching, tune caching, change scaling rules, recommend baseline configurations, use lambdas
* Monitor systems and infrastructure:
* Learn how API's are called and identify redundant calls, long running calls, orchestrated calls, and recommend changes to optimize
* High Error rates APIs
* Identify User Journeys and optimize
* Automation of CI/CD tasks
* Lead and effectively engage stakeholders across multi-discipline to conceptualize best-fit solution from available technical options
* Have close relationship with the Cloud infrastructure team in Bellevue consulting on Terraform, CI/CD, Docker, Kubernetes and AWS
* Seeks out strategic relationships that will increase team output, process accuracy, improve time to market and customer experience. Establishes and contributes to beneficial shared goals of cross-functional teams. Candidate effectively leverages the capabilities, insights, and ideas of others and fosters trust
* Leadership: This role must demonstrate a high level of integrity and collaboratively delivers feedback to Architecture team members. Uses leadership experiences to guide team to optimal solutions. Creates a culture of recognition and elevates team visibility
* Result Focused: Creates urgency by setting high standards for self and others to meet goals. Demonstrates a customer first attitude by keeping commitments and holding team members accountable
About T-Mobile US
T-Mobile is a global mobile telephone operator.