IT - Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
This is a position in the Cloud Services Architecture group of AIG Infrastructure Services. The employee will join a team of highly skilled architects who use their in-depth knowledge of the AWS cloud to develop and maintain standards for cloud infrastructure and workloads. The employee will define reference architectures and standards, roadmaps for automation, and processes for governance. The employee will implement templates and prototypes for infrastructure-as-code, and will work closely with the Cloud Services Engineering and Operation teams and the Information Security team to measure, monitor, and automate AIG's compliance with cloud security and operational standards.
* Define and implement policies and controls for public cloud services and foundational structures
* Generate cloud migration roadmaps and drive buy-in across complex organization structures.
* Define operational standards for migrations of workloads and data
* Create and manage metrics to measure adherence to architectural standards
* Define standard cloud reference architecture and cloud infrastructure patterns
* Define and maintain a target state cloud security, network, data, and integration architecture and develop roadmaps for moving toward the target state
* Conduct well architected reviews and establish a feedback loop from app. owners on the architectural patterns
* Define automation patterns for deploying compliant resources in the cloud; implement templates and prototypes for these patterns
* Support the compliance of AIG Cloud standard architecture and policies in any third party assessments that include procedures related to Risk Management, Information Security, Asset Management, Security Training, Environmental, Infrastructure Security, Application Security, Access Management, SDLC, and Business Continuity Management
* Define and manage a governance process for application and infrastructure work in the cloud that combines automation and inspection to ensure compliance to all standards
* 8+ year's experience in systems development and architecture, including the design of component- and/or service-based systems/applications
* Experience pertaining to cloud architecture applied to large organizations
* In-depth and hands-on knowledge of AWS cloud networking, IAM, and services
* Experience defining and documenting architectural patterns
* Experience defining and managing architecture governance processes in large IT organizations
* Experience implementing cloud patterns in Terraform and/or Cloud Formation
* Experience architecting highly available systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability and high availability, and auto-scaling across availability zones.
* Strong practical experience on Linux and Windows-based systems either in application development or middleware
* Experience with Agile software development
* Experience with continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins)
* Experience with containerization technology (e.g. Docker) and orchestration tools (e.g. ECS, Kubernetes)
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or related field preferred.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
American International Group (AIG) is a global insurance company.