OP - Operations
Estimated Travel Percentage (%):
American General Life Insurance Company
Your future team
VALIC specializes in retirement savings and investment products and services, including individual variable and fixed annuities, group retirement products, mutual funds, financial planning and investment advisory services and guaranteed investment contracts. VALIC has been in the 403(b) market since its inception writing the first K-12 403(b) programs almost 50 years ago.
We are currently recruiting for a Sr. Implementation Consultant within our Implementation Services New Business department. New Business is responsible for the onboarding of new plans, transfer plans and internal conversions.
This position manages all elements of implementation events and tasks that include scope analysis and coordination with multiple internal and external parties. Proactively communicates the implementation plan, including but not limited to the key objectives and deliverables, scheduling, tracking and reporting to all parties. In this role, you will be a primary resource for subject matter expertise on retirement plans and the implementation processes.
Your contribution at AIG
As an influencer at AIG, people come to you as a "go-to" source for help and support because of your deep knowledge and expertise. As a more experienced team member, you are capable of driving continual improvement and impacting the way that things get done. Because of your influence, whether direct or indirect, we are able to deliver powerful outcomes for our clients.
* Consults internal/external customers on timing for implementation milestones
* Analyzes and effectively communicates broader operations aspects to help influence decisions across departments for services being implemented.
* Works closely with the assigned Relationship Manager, ongoing Account Manager and various internal business partners to ensure a smooth transition at the end of the project.
* Attend Finalist and Kick-off related meetings and facilitate regularly scheduled meetings with the plan sponsor, executive sales team, TPA's, vendors, and our internal subject matter experts.
* Provides consultative solutions for VALIC best practices and ensures details are understood so that our administrative processes and system(s) are established correctly to include but not limited to plan design details that affect pricing, eligibility, data exchanges, contracts, and transactional processing.
* Develops, communicates, maintains and manages the detailed project plan, timeline for account implementation projects and ensures deadlines, milestones and success criteria are met or exceeded through timely coordination and communication of the details necessary to complete an account implementation project by the agreed upon effective date.
* Identifies and manages timely and effective resolution of any issues that surface during the handling of all assigned duties. Tracks and reports implementation activity results in a "real time" fashion via internal Implementation databases and reporting tools.
* Conducts lessons learned at the end of each implementation phase for continuous improvement purposes.
* Develops and executes plans to improve customer satisfaction and overall quality
* Identifies out of scope services and escalates as needed to ensure all services are included in pricing
* Must be proactive in managing issues by anticipating the outcome of the process and ensuring all necessary steps have been taken.
* Models and coaches others on Customer Service Excellence within Implementation
* Develops key strategies for retention and future business wins through the interactions with Implementations Services
* Identifies gaps and facilitates training needs within the team
* Performs final quality review for all internal systems and external client facing systems for implementation related items
* Reviews and participates on RFP process for new business to identify potential solutions based on Implementations Service model and scope
* Develops knowledge/content management strategy with accountability for maintenance of Implementation Tools and Reference Database
* Coach and mentor Implementation Consultants to create capacity and efficiency within the team/department
What we are looking for
The ideal Senior Implementation Consultant will be self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook and a clear focus on providing a high quality of customer service, leading to sustainable customer relationships. They will be flexible, adaptive and comfortable with process evaluations and decision-making in a dynamic implementation environment.
* Bachelor's degree in related field and five years related work experience
* Extensive client management and advanced application of retirement plan recordkeeping systems
* Successful completion of relevant professional designation preferred (i.e. CEBS, ASPA)
* Solid knowledge of pension plan types and a knowledge of defined contribution plan daily valuation recordkeeping systems
* Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written, interpersonal and presentation
* Demonstrated proficiency with computer software
* Ability to analyze data, determines root cause, and provides and/or develops an appropriate solution for resolution
* Demonstrated experience managing multiple and competing priorities
* Proactive problem-solving ability with solutions oriented attitude
* Ability to collaborate across other departments and teams
* Ability to handle increasingly high volume of work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
* Ability to work independently within a team environment and make decisions while considering client requirements
* Ability to travel on occasion as needed
* Flexibility to work additional hours as necessary to meet business and client needs
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
American International Group (AIG) is a global insurance company.