At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Healthcare team...caring for clinicians the way they care for patients. Beyond words. We create technology that lets clinicians capture and document care quickly and easily so they can focus their attention on their patients.
Summary: The Cloud and Mobile Engineering QA Manager will manage an Agile team focused on testing mobile and desktop applications, SDKs, and Server components associated with cloud-based speech recognition solutions. The team is globally distributed and functions within a SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) environment.
Work with team to establish procedures and quality standards and to monitor these against agreed targets. Select and implement the appropriate quality metrics and monitor the results to increase transparency, measure performance and drive efficiency. Implement improvements to processes and recommend alternative testing as needed.
* Manage a 7-member cross-cultural and globally distributed team.
* Create automated test scenarios, architect automation approaches and coach team members on automation implementation.
* Coordinate with other teams to integrate automated tests into CI/CD pipelines.
* Organize test cases designed by individual teams into ordered suites.
* Manage and extend test scenarios and data sets that more closely match the production environment and that replicate healthcare provider use cases.
* Perform manual and automated tests to gain familiarity with new and existing features.
* Identify time-consuming tests and promote them for automation.
* Facilitate the technical aspects of collaboration with other agile teams and help form Communities of Practice within the Agile Release Train.
* Participate in Program Increment (PI) Planning and the Pre and Post-PI Planning meetings at the Solution.
* Ensure the security and performance of the modules and applications under your purview.
Number of Years of Work Experience: 10+
Number of Years of Management Experience: 4+
* Manages staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs.
* Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met.
* Solid knowledge of software development cycle and quality assurance methodologies.
* Oversees the implementation of policies and procedures for the software quality assurance function.
* Evaluates and monitors tools, methodologies, and automation to ensure effective testing and identification of defects.
* Provides input to strategic decisions that affect the functional area of responsibility.
* Familiar / experienced with SAFe / Agile methodology.
* Experience with cross-cultural and worldwide team management, QA governance, Auditing IT QA process, defining and implementing quality strategies, standards, processes and procedures.
* Building effective Quality metrics.
* Accountable, strong leadership, engaged, results oriented, customer centric, excellent communication.
* Embrace and lead changes, proposing innovative and creative solutions.
* Hands-on, problem solver, logical, analytical thinker and assertive decision maker.
* Experience using public cloud providers such as Microsoft Azure, GCP.
* Azure ARM Templating, VSTS and Azure DevOps.
* Experience with immutable infrastructure.
* JIRA / Confluence
Education: BS in computer science or related discipline; MS preferred
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 - Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Nuance Communications is a company providing voice recognition and natural language understanding solutions.