At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Automotive team…intelligent systems now ready for the road. We are passionate about developing intelligent interfaces that enable people to talk to their cars, phones, devices, and other smart "things".
At Nuance Automotive, we're futurists, re-imagining what's possible at the intersection of humans, mobility and machines - then making it happen. If you're ready to be a part of building and delivering the ultimate, future-ready mobility experience that is miles ahead of the competition, you should join us. Building on our deep expertise and unparalleled innovation, we are accelerating the pace of change and transforming the in-car cockpit. We've reimagined and redefined the mobility experience, creating a new standard that goes beyond driving to a connected and informed world. Today, we're shrinking the gap between the driver and the automobile, transforming the machine into a natural extension of the human inside.
While we're busy building the next generation of the in-car user experience, we're also focused on the next step: spinning off from Nuance into a new, independent, publicly traded company that will be solely focused on the growing mobility assistant market and its adjacent opportunities - autonomous cars, smart cities, enhanced shared mobility, and more - that are on the horizon. Our new company will be a fast-moving, innovative organization that will use our 20-year history as a springboard to the next level. There's never been a more exciting time to join Nuance Automotive.
The Nuance Dragon Content Services team delivers architecture, services, and infrastructure for current and next-generation infotainment applications offered by some of the world's largest automotive manufacturers, used by millions of drivers and passengers every day. The successful candidate will join a team of developers building cloud services for multimodal sensor fusion. Their responsibility will be to design, develop, and operate the micro-services for the team. Among these will be gaze detection and gesturing features in Nuance Automotive's flagship Dragon Drive platform, servicing both embedded devices and our cloud platform, expanding upon the natural user experiences used by all major car manufactures, among them Toyota, Daimler, and BMW.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
* Design product features; create high-level, as well as detailed designs • Implement new features and aide in selecting appropriate technology• Assist in the creation and continuous improvement of the development process• Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for secure
Knowledge, skills and qualifications -
Education: - Bachelor in Software Engineering or equivalent
Minimum years of work experience: 3-5
* Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for securing
* Micro service
* Good knowledge of databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, Cassandra, etc.)
* Systems analysis
* .NET Core
* Knowledge of Unix/Linux OS and networking fundamentals
* Experience testing native cloud applications using Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
* Experience with distributed operating system programming (with HTTP and REST protocols, WebSockets, SOAP and gRPC)
* Candidate will have leveraged Design Patterns in past projects.
* Familiarity with all major cloud platform providers and OpenShift•Knowledge of Spring Cloud and Spring Boot•Voice applications •Automotive applications•Experience managing Big Data challenge
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 - Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Nuance is a multinational computer software technology company, providing speech and imaging applications.