Unlock Your Career Potential: Technology at ADP. Do you enjoy exploring, identifying and inspiring the future of the workplace and the lives of millions of people? At ADP, the world's largest B2B cloud company, our Technology team is comprised of brilliant engineers, architects, data scientists, infrastructure experts, and more. We were first in our industry to offer a SaaS solution and continue to push the envelope utilizing the latest operating platforms to deliver the highly automated, intelligent and predictive solutions that are redefining what is possible. Named one of Forbes' "Most Innovative Companies" and one of Computerworld's "100 Best Places to Work in IT", we are committed to leading the way in product development and research, empowering you to bring to life the latest innovations that will forever change the way businesses manage their most vital asset, employees.
Chief Cloud Architect
ADP is hiring a Chief Cloud Architect will be a member of the Enterprise Architecture (EA) team. EA is responsible for developing a technology strategy designing Core Capabilities that will enable ADP to be more secure, agile, resilient, and scalable while reducing technology sprawl enabling ADP to execute on its business strategies. Does this sound like you?
* Analytical mastermind. Examines systems and spots trends that others wouldn't find.
* Trusted Advisor. A passion for quality and excellence. Lives integrity and delivers on promises... every time.
* Insightful strategist. Transforms ideas into action and plans into results.
* Trailblazer. Passionate about change and shaping the future.
We believe people make great companies, not the other way around. Our people make all the difference in delivering innovative HR technologies and solutions that help employees all over the world do their jobs better. The result? We're building the next generation of ADP technologies.
As a Chief Cloud Architect you will be part of a cross functional team with representation from the Global Security Organization, Global Infrastructure Organization, and the Product Development Organizations forming a Center of Excellence. The goal of the COE is to develop a framework and strategy for cloud adoption achieving the highest reliability, scale, elasticity, and cost optimization for the ADP application portfolio in a hybrid cloud environment. The EA Cloud Architect will ensure that the strategy takes into consideration all aspects: security, maintainability, cost optimization, application suitability, and ecosystem dependencies.
Location: 1 ADP Blvd., Roseland, NJ 07068
THINGS YOU'LL DO:
* Collaborate in the development of a Cloud Adoption Framework that includes application suitability, optimal cost models, best practices and patterns for cloud adoption, and a curated a catalog of managed services to be leveraged with ADP specific adoption criteria.
* Evaluate the current product portfolio and develop a migration strategy engaging the application teams to understand their application architecture, business drivers, and application load patterns and create a transition plan for migration.
* Evangelize the benefits of public cloud and managed services across ADP using multiple forums and communication techniques
* Demonstrate thought leadership in cloud services across multiple channels and become a trusted advisor to senior decision makers within ADP
* Develop a governance model that will provide the appropriate guardrails for applications to be secure while reducing operational risk and cost.
* Develop and maintain financial models for cloud offerings and continually seek cost optimizations and right sizing opportunities.
* Work closely with ADP's Global Security Office (GSO) to proactively maintain secure and compliant cloud environments.
* Stay current on new and emerging trends in cloud computing and evaluate their potential and adoption criteria for ADP.
* Establish and run a cloud community to communicate and publish relevant architectural artifacts.
EXPERIENCE YOU NEED:
* BS degree in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering required; Masters' degree preferred
* Minimum 10 years experience in design and development of complex distributed applications that leverage microservice architecture, REST APIs, relational and NoSQL data stores.
* Experience in transforming legacy applications to modern microservice architectures
* Proven experience in developing a Public Cloud Strategy at large complex organization with mission critical applications managing large transaction volumes, sensitive data, and financial transactions in a hybrid cloud environment.
* Proven experience migrating legacy applications to the public cloud
* Experience leading organizational strategy and change related to migration to cloud environments.
* Broad understanding of industry trends across software development, architecture, cloud operating platforms, cloud security and data management
* Experience in developing Continuous Delivery solutions, preferably employing AWS.
* Experience with technologies such as RDS, Aurora, Lambda Functions, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes. and Queuing Technologies
* Experience managing hybrid cloud infrastructure
* Experience in Software Defined Networks (SDN) including the design and automation of Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) , Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Function as a Service (FaaS) capabilities including virtual networks, virtual machines, and managed services.
* Experience building scaled out infrastructure on public clouds like AWS, Google, Azure, etc...
* Ability to deliver results in a short time and experience working in fast paced high growth tech companies.
* Proven ability to pull a diverse group of individuals with different goals together to facilitate, moderate, and influence productive discussions driving towards results.
* Ability to be a team player, working effectively with positive cooperation.
* Ability to communicate, both internally and externally, in an effective, timely professional and courteous manner.
HOW YOU'LL STAND OUT
* Leadership: not only at the management level, but at the individual level -- having the confidence and resilience to take risks -- be self-empowered.
* Communication: understand and express ideas/solutions in a comprehensive and practical format. Ability to communicate complex concepts to the Executive Committee as well as deep technical discussions with the Architecture/Development community.
* User Focus: an absolute focus on the user (internal or external) experience -- every aspect of a solution should be productized for ease of use.
* Improvisation: the ability to think across disciplines and existing boundaries (technologies/business/geographies) - lateral thinking.
* Collaboration: teamwork with a positive approach to ambiguity.
* Research: an inclination to continuous research inside and outside the current focus fields.
* Influence by example: scientific proof of an idea (success or failure) as the presentation tool -- represent an idea in order to promote it.
* Technical Knowledge: broad and deep technical knowledge with a strong focus on cloud computing.
* Abstract Thinking: view of ideas and solutions as abstractions/patterns that can be leveraged/adapted/reused -- deliver frameworks instead of point solutions.
* Passion: A need to be "passionate" about producing exceptional solutions in a collaborative environment (e.g., Agile methodology preferred). Must always be curious and excited to try new technologies.
We're designing a better way to work, so you can achieve what you're working for. Consistently named one of the 'Most Admired Companies' by FORTUNE® Magazine, and recognized by DiversityInc® as one of the 'Top 50 Companies for Diversity,' ADP works with more than 740,000 organizations across the globe to help their people work smarter, embrace new challenges, and unleash their talent. "Always Designing for People" means we're creating platforms that will transform how great work gets done, so together we can unlock a world of opportunity.
At ADP, we believe that diversity fuels innovation. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
ADP (Automatic Data Processing) is a company providing business process outsourcing services.