Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We're the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable-across any device-reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We're looking for someone who's eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn't afraid to have some fun either. Someone who's ready to take Roblox-and their career-to the next level.
In 2018, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We've fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that's made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you'll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you'll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
As a Software Engineer for the Cloud Game Development Team, you will be a key contributor to the evolution of Roblox Studio, a cloud-based, distributed game development application. Roblox Studio breaks new ground for the gaming industry and software engineering in general. It facilitates instant synchronization between game developers, enables multi-party script editing, and manages a cloud-based repository.
* Experienced, 4+ years in developing and deploying complex software for massive cloud-based systems, a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or a similar technical field
* Hands-on with C++ and Boost libraries, multithreading and networking. Experience with QT/QML, MFC or other UI frameworks for desktop applications is a plus.
* Proficient with industry standards, best practices and design patterns
* Focused on writing clear, readable, testable, modular, and monitored code
* Passionate about working on large scale, consumer facing desktop application
* Collaborative with excellent communication skills and follow-through
* Organized and analytical with the ability to track numerous separate threads to their appropriate resolution
* Own and deliver complex technical projects from the planning stage through execution
* Work cross functionally, across teams and technology platforms
* Mentor team members helping them improve their professional skills and expertise
* Design, develop, and implement technological practices, patterns, and strategies
* Create unit and integration tests
* Participate in building the world's best professional application for massively multiplayer game development
Roblox - Powering Imagination.
Roblox is a provider of a 3D creation, publishing, and gameplay platform that empowers players to create 3D models and games.