Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you'll ever meet in your life. Community is the heart and soul of Roblox. Over 80 million active players engage on our platform every month. How cool is that?
Roblox is not just a game company and not just a social network. We are building the future of play and ever-expanding the universe where anything is possible.
We are democratizing the gaming world by inspiring people to play, socialize, create, and engage on one platform - across all devices - doing what they love.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful.
Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless - literally.
As a Roblox Application Platform Engineer:
The Application Platform Team has primary responsibility for the core platform underpinning all Roblox web services. This includes full-stack frameworks, performance, web security, and UI.
* A Computer-Science graduate or MS graduate
* A senior-level engineer with 5+ years of software development experience.
* A full-stack engineer who has shipped multiple versions of products.
* An expert in building web applications in frameworks such as ASP.NET, SpringMVC, Express, Rails, or Flask.
* Knowledgeable with REST, API design patterns, and scalable containerized systems and microservices.
* Ship on a weekly cadence with testable and configurable features that allow for rapid experimentation, data collection, and optimize for performance and user engagement.
* Design and implement features in our backend server and API stack that power the Roblox Website and mobile apps for iOS, Android, and Amazon platforms.
* Build new microservices in a modern development process using Docker, .net Core Linux, and container orchestration.
* Enhance and extend our Telemetry system for the charting and visualization of Roblox events and metrics.
* Bring your full experiences of rapid daily releases so that we can delight our customers every week with improvements and new features!
* Technical leadership: be a gatekeeper for a high code quality bar, architectural designs, and pragmatic vs. long-term approaches
* Build consensus and alignment between product and feature teams on requirements, architecture decisions, and implementation details
* Resolve dependencies, schedules, and prioritization with an eye towards common and shared deliverables
* Track data, where possible, on changes/improvements so they can be measured, and so that we can continually improve.
* Work effectively within a team environment and be an inspiration to the people around you.
* Working on unique projects that are seen - and enjoyed - by millions of active Roblox users every day
* Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
* A rewarding 401k program
* Flexible vacation policy
* Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks (Nom nom nom.)
* Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
* Annual CalTrain Go Pass
* A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
* Rockstar status with our community (No autographs, please.)
ROBLOX is a comprehensive 3D creation, publishing, and gameplay platform that empowers players to create 3D models and games and get them in front of a massive audience.