Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We're the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable-across any device-reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We're looking for someone who's eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn't afraid to have some fun either. Someone who's ready to take Roblox-and their career-to the next level.
In 2018, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We've fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that's made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you'll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you'll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
Roblox's engineering team is growing rapidly and we are looking for great engineering managers to help us scale. This role will contribute to the advancement our flagship product, Roblox Studio, the product at the origin of all games on the Roblox platform. Thousands of developers use Roblox Studio daily to build their immersive, three dimensional games and environments that entertain millions of players. Managers are expected to work autonomously with only directional supervision. They plan, execute and deliver projects, provide career development, mentorship, and candid feedback to their team. At Roblox we move fast and ship code to production weekly; your leadership will increase productivity by removing obstacles and keeping processes lean. You will identify and mitigate risk and make sure to keep teams efficient and executing on the right goals. Roblox teams are inclusive, helpful, and have a strong sense of ownership over the things they build. If you have a desire to grow and learn, you will fit right in with our highly-skilled and ever-expanding production engineering team.
As a Software Engineering Manager for the Studio Cloud Server Team, you will be in charge of architecture, design, implementation and delivery of the components that constitute the server side of Roblox collaborative game development IDE.
* A Leader, with a proven track record of strong people management skills and an ability to hire and grow a talented team of engineers and analysts
* Experienced, with a development track record at multiple companies. 2+ years in a Manager/Team Lead role, and a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a similar technical field
* Hands-on with C++ and Boost libraries, multithreading, networking, server side applications on Windows and Linux
* Proficient with industry standards, best practices and design patterns
* Focused on writing clear, readable, testable, modular, and monitored code
* Passionate about working on large scale, consumer facing desktop application
* Collaborative with excellent communication skills and follow-through
* Organized and analytical with the ability to track numerous separate threads to their appropriate resolution
* Metrics driven with proficiency in quality metrics and monitoring
* Lead application engineering team for Roblox Studio product line by coordinating with product managers, tech leads, and individual contributors.
* Own and deliver complex technical projects from the planning stage through execution
* Work as a player-coach, leading the design and coding efforts by example
* Define, develop, and implement best practices and strategies
* Provide mentoring to both junior and senior engineers in their progress on business and personal career goals
* Develop and track key metrics for quality and team performance, drive their improvement over time, and communicate their status
Perks & Benefits:
* Work with an awesome team of smart and motivated people on cool and unique projects that are used by millions of active users every day
* ROBLOX Admin badge for your avatar, and rockstar status with our community
* Unlimited paid vacation
* Gym reimbursement
* Free catered lunches & a fully stocked kitchen with unlimited snacks
* Robust medical, dental and vision insurance
* Free onsite parking & other commuter benefits
Roblox - Powering Imagination.
Roblox is a provider of a 3D creation, publishing, and gameplay platform that empowers players to create 3D models and games.