The purpose of this role is to act as an Informatics Technical Expert Business Partner for the Research and Non-Clinical Development Teams. Identify, implement, and manage new and existing Informatics capabilities and services. The successful candidate will demonstrate a high-level of scientific and technical experience and have a proven track record of working with internal and external stakeholders by actively listening and incorporating diverse input to deliver objectives within agreed time frames and budgets.
Roles and Responsibilities
* Build strong relationships with the Research and Non-Clinical Development organization to support the group with all scientific software projects.
* Serve as the primary escalation point for all Research Informatics applications and initiatives.
* Understand IT strategies, policies, standards, and work practices to effectively explain and implement them with scientific colleagues.
* Configure and be principal user and administrator of a research informatics system (electronic lab notebook, data repository, chemistry electronic notebook, data analysis tools, sample management tracking system, etc.).
* Implement and support scientific computer applications using API, web services, script, and object-oriented programming languages to configure on-premise and cloud applications that will support drug discovery research.
* Ensure the integrity and security of institutional data. Test, implement, and support new workflows, database components, and data sharing pipelines to on- and off-site databases. Maintain entity registration system, manage sample and assay logistics.
* Manage data warehouse and visualization technologies.
* Provide training to others and document database changes and procedures.
Experience, Education and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
* BS degree in Biology, Chemistry, Bioinformatics, Software Engineering related field or equivalent practical experience.
* 3 years of experience managing a LIMS/research informatics environment in a startup company environment.
* Experience writing PL/SQL for Oracle databases and strong understanding of relational databases.
* Experience with scientific applications such as Dotmatics Browser and Vortex, IDBS (E-WorkBook), Pipeline Pilot, D360, LiveDesign, and Spotfire.
* Experience integrating information flow between different systems (APIs, R, Python, Java, etc.)
* Embrace our core values: Put People First, Do Big, Be Accountable, Grow Through Learning & Change and Work Fun.
* Excellent oral, written, and communication skills required.
* Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with busy, high performing colleagues.
* Ability to function at a high level in a team setting.
* Proactive and positive approach.
* Maximum flexibility to adapt to changing program needs in real time.
* Ability to build strong relationships with co-workers of various backgrounds and expertise.
* Excitement about the vision and mission of Sage.
Number of Openings:1
#Biotechnology #Careers #ThisIsSage
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law - Poster Supplement
About Sage Therapeutics
Sage Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company committed to developing novel medicines to transform the lives of patients with life-altering central nervous system (CNS) disorders.