General Scope and Summary
SAGE Therapeutics is searching for a creative, resourceful, integrative thinker for an important role as AD, Commercial Systems. This position will work closely with the Commercial organization, internal parties and external service partners to oversee the selection, delivery and support of Sage's Commercial Business Systems. This position will leverage emerging and existing technologies to drive effectiveness across Medical Affairs and Commercial areas such as Marketing, Sales, CRM, data and analytics, reporting and multi-channel engagement. This is a cross-functional role that collaborates with peer groups across organizations and functions and is the point person for technology leadership within the Commercial organization.
This person will assist in enabling the delivery of new and existing business capabilities that are required to drive key strategic objectives like increasing speed to patient therapy access and drug dispense. The role will drive projects by ensuring that standards and processes are followed to deliver a well governed and controlled implementation approach.
Roles and Responsibilities
* Collaborating with Commercial stakeholders to design, deliver and maintain technology solutions that align to Commercial's business strategic direction.
* Evaluating, selecting and contracting with external service partners to deliver Commercial Business solutions and services.
* Serve as IT delivery point of contact for the commercial launch program, ensuring all IT activities to prepare for launch are tracked and executed
* Deliver projects and initiatives utilizing effective project management practices and tools, with attention to transparency on risks, issues, and dependencies
* Develop deep understanding of underlying business processes and correlate to use of tools, data and solutions involved.
* Managing a small team of Commercial Business Systems Analysts to deliver the Commercial IT roadmap and partner with Commercial for business solutions.
* Facilitate selection of fit for purpose technology solutions to support business functional needs.
* Coordinate activities with solutions vendors and partners as required, including exploratory discussions, RFP process support, IT sponsorship, and operational/commercial activities
* Drive successful end-stage delivery efforts for technology initiatives supporting Commercial Operations, Field Sales and Marketing - including testing, training, deployment, data migration, cutover, user adoption, and continuous improvement
* Coordinate with IT colleagues providing partnership and delivery services for other areas of the organization to drive alignment, interoperability, and effective handoffs of data and processes among a breadth of technology solutions
* Bringing awareness of innovative digital technologies and solutions to Commercial stakeholders and incorporating them into the Commercial IT roadmap.
Experience, Education and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Must thrive working in a fast-paced, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with key stakeholders, good conflict management and negotiation skills, ability to analyze complex issues to develop relevant and realistic plans, programs and recommendations. Demonstrated ability to translate strategy into action; excellent analytical skills and an ability to communicate complex issues in a simple way and to orchestrate plans to resolve issues and mitigate risks.
* 8+ years of experience implementing and supporting significant commercial software systems in a fast-paced global biotech or pharmaceutical company
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent in business/information management
* Working knowledge of pharmaceutical commercial operations domains, such as field sales, marketing operations, third party logistic providers, etc.
* Experience working in an organization that is going through transformative change, growth, and evolution; proven ability to help drive the delivery of solutions that are positioned for scalability in an environment that will change over time
* Experience implementing and supporting Veeva CRM, SFDC platform and data warehouse production environments.
* Strong vendor and partner management experience.
* 5+ years of project management experience leading teams, projects and programs.
* Experience with data analytics, reporting and presentation solutions, and multi-channel technologies.
* Demonstrated ability to effectively organize and motivate cross functional teams.
* Ability to actively anticipate, track and plan for risks, issues, dependencies, resourcing and contingencies.
* Experience working with all levels of management and consulting with key business stakeholders. An ability to influence for greater outcomes.
* Strong team player that has a customer service approach and is solution oriented.
* Attention to detail and the ability to work individually, within a multi-disciplinary team, as well as with external partners and vendors.
* Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Embrace our core values: Put People First, Do Big, Be Accountable, Grow through Learning and Change, and Work Fun.
* Excitement about the vision and mission of Sage
Number of Openings:1
#Biotechnology #Careers #ThisIsSage
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law - Poster Supplement
About Sage Therapeutics
Sage Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company committed to developing novel medicines to transform the lives of patients with life-altering central nervous system (CNS) disorders.