What you'll be doing...
We're looking for someone who can partner with various functions withinVerizon Business Groupto provide business intelligence from understanding what's going on with the business, identifying the right data, conducting research and doing analyses, to coming up with insights and making recommendations. You'll be the expert for your group by providing the valuable data insights and reporting to guide their decision making. Plus, you'll come up with the best ways to share the data in dashboards, presentations, and written reports - to suit the need and the audience. The business insights you provide will help your team run better and make better decisions.
* Collaborating with various functional groups to understand business needs and staying up to date on all the initiatives and plans.
* Analyzing data and clearly communicating findings to stakeholders.
* Providing the metrics needed to support top business goals.
* Creating new business intelligence services and support to address emerging needs.
What we're looking for...
You have a gift for taking unstructured data, organizing it, finding the valuable takeaways, and making it understood by others. You enjoy immersing yourself in a subject and becoming the go-to expert. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where new challenges come up every day. You view problems as puzzles you'd like to solve. You are comfortable working on your own but you also enjoy collaborating with others. You are a good listener and able to translate a business question into just the right analysis to find the answer.
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
* Conducted research or analyses and managed projects for multiple stakeholders.
Even better if you have:
* Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Math, Physics, Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline.
* SQL, SQL Editor for Oracle, and Microsoft Excel experience.
* Experience with the following tools: Alteryx, Python, R Studio, PostgreSQL
* Knowledge with data visualization software. Ideally, Tableau, Qlik or COGNOS.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.