What you'll be doing...
The Corporate Systems Group (CSG) has an opening for a Finance Systems Project Manager. This role will manage and lead large cross functional teams to plan, build and deliver system solutions that impact financial systems. This includes initial system implementation of functional and technical requirements as well as enhancements resulting from Verizon's ever changing business, product and system landscape. This position will lead and be engaged with various program management activities using both waterfall and agile methodologies, across diverse cross functional teams and stakeholders, including executives, and requires high profile project management, communication, and presentation skills.
This position will:
* Act as a project management expert within the project management team
* Drive planning, execution, delivery, and status updates within the end-to-end IT development cycle for enterprise-wide projects such as system integrations impacting multiple legal reporting entities
* Focus on the system and application requirements, design, build, test, and implementation activities within the projects within the end-to-end IT development cycle
* Utilize a standardized, end-to-end project management approach (including governance methodologies and toolsets) across multi-disciplinary Finance system projects to ensure consistency and quality
* Support several large-scale, complex projects (duration more than one year, budget more than one million dollars) in line with various customer's long-term strategies and objectives and with significant impact on Verizon Finance and IT landscape (line of sight greater than two years.)
* Experience working with significant levels of ambiguity and the ability to navigate through the business needs and deliver solutions.
* Proven expertise in handling multiple projects in a nimble fashion in a fast pace dynamic environment with several unknowns.
* Demonstrated ability to take initiative, lead and drive projects involving high stakes and significant financial responsibility.
* Project Management interface between Finance, IT, and the other parts of CSG
* Ability to create and maintain excellent relationships with business partners.
* Flexible and collaborative work approach to solve complex problems and to develop customer-centric solutions - taking into account multiple internal and external stakeholder groups and different level of stakeholder groups with various and changing demands and requirements and intersections (e.g. IT, Finance, FP&A, top-management level etc.)
* Translation of business requirements/user stories into technical requirements and functional end-to-end design and test plans
* Ensure risks are managed and mitigated before they become issues.
* Create effective executive presentations, and demonstrate strong persuasive, communication and presentation skills.
* Manage cross functional, diverse global teams including onshore, offshore employees and suppliers.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience in IT, Project Management, Accounting, or Finance.
* Experience managing large, finance-impacting systems program implementations.
* Willingness to travel.
Even Better if you have:
* Bachelor's degree in IT, Project Management, Accounting, Finance or related discipline.
* Training and/or certifications in project management methodologies (e.g., Six Sigma Methodologies, PMP Certifications, Agile, Scrum).
* Experience in managing multiple projects at various stages of the project life cycle.
* Experience in managing across varied Finance, Business, and IT stakeholder groups and maintaining key relationships.
* Demonstrated highly developed team leadership skills and the ability to manage internal / external resources to achieve project objectives
* Ability to perform in a high volume, fast paced changing environment with good time-management skills and the ability to manage teams
* Interpersonal, influencing, communication and organizational skills and the ability to deliver across levels
* Self-starter with ability to operate independently and remain focused through dynamic environments.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.