What you'll be doing...
As a Senior Java Developer, you will lead the architecture discussions and development of the order management systems. You will be leading discussions to elicit business requirements to define and deliver architectural solutions for enterprise status and tasking systems. You will drive the end-to-end process and solution to successfully complete large impactful programs on time with well-managed scopes and costs.
In this role, you'll be providing technical leadership and drive & develop artifacts for order status and task management architecture, re-usability, modularity, and scalability across the multiple layers and apply architecture patterns and principles. Additionally, you will manage the governance, relationship and performance management of vendors who are under contract to provide new development & maintenance support.
You will establish relationships and work with managers at all levels independently. You will articulate the problem statement and openly bring up challenges, roadblocks and impediments, negotiate, influence and drive solutions with directors and for tactical and strategic enterprise architecture approach and business capabilities.
You'll be leveraging industry trends to drive innovation and solution excellence across various functional domains within the Verizon Business Order Management Space.
What we're looking for...
You are curious about new technology and the possibilities it creates. You enjoy working collaboratively in a fast-paced team environment to analyze and creatively solve complex problems. You want to transform the way we work on the inside to improve the experience we deliver on the outside.
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience with J2EE and Java technologies, Spring, Servlet, Web Services, XML.
* Experience in cloud computing, rules engine such as DROOLS, spring integration and caching.
* Experience with modular code development, micro services, design pattern and multi-threading.
* Experience with API and backend client/server architecture.
Even better if you have:
* Master's degree.
* Knowledge of Junit, Maven, Oracle, UNIX.
* Knowledge of industry best practices in enterprise-class software development and agile methodology.
* Experience in articulating the business drives and architectural approach.
* Data-driven mindset and decision making skills.
* Experience with order management telecom domain.
* Experience with AI and Machine Learning.
* Experience migrating applications to Cloud.
* Experience with SAFe agile framework.
* Experience leading software developers, systems or process analyst.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.