Who We Are:
We believe a workplace food program is something employees should love and look forward to every day. Powered by technology and a network of over 2,000 restaurants and 800+ clients, Fooda feeds hungry people at work through our ongoing food programs located within companies and office buildings. Every day, each Fooda location is served by different restaurants that come onsite and serve fresh lunch from their chef's unique menus. Now with over 30 million meals sold, Fooda operates in 22 major US cities and plans for continued expansion.
About the Team:
Our data science & analytics team is changing the way Fooda uses data. Do you want to get in on the ground floor of an analytics team at a high growth startup? The company has placed a huge strategic focus on building out our data science and analytics capabilities and you will be core to this growth. The team is responsible for all reporting & analytics for the company, partnering closely with Product, Engineering, Marketing, Finance and Operations to drive innovative analytic solutions.
Will you join us?
Position Opportunities and Responsibilities:
As a Business Intelligence Analyst, you will work with the Data Science and Analytics team to drive and evolve the reporting and analytics solution for Accounting and Finance at Fooda. You will have the ability to own analytics decision making to support and enable Fooda's Accounting and Finance department to become a world-class data driven organization.
Specifically, this position will help integrate and maintain our accounting and financial data pipelines from our transactional system into our accounting system to ensure accurate reporting.
* Partner with Finance, Accounting and Data Science to develop and optimize our financial data pipelines & reporting to ensure consistency and completeness of enterprise financial transactions
* Govern and own the data that drives Accounting and Finance's perception of the organization, which involves diving in, addressing questions and root causing issues that arise within the data
* Work closely with internal stakeholders, such as finance, accounting and engineering teams, to provide a cohesive analytics strategy to integrate financial transactions into NetSuite to support ongoing reporting for senior leadership and the accounting team
* Use SQL and Data Visualization tools to develop scalable and efficient financial processes to support a rapidly growing business
* Solve analytical problems using data and effectively communicate methodologies and results
* 2+ years experience working in Analytics, Business Intelligence, Finance or Accounting
* Extensive knowledge of accounting concepts (journal entries, general ledger, payments, and collection)
* Experience using SQL to perform complex data analysis in an enterprise data warehouse
* Attention to detail and the ability to think critically and solve problems using analytical and quantitative methodologies
* Strong oral/written communication skills, specifically the ability to communicate and translate difficult analytical problems to stakeholders with minimal analytics background
* Bachelor's Degree in a quantitative field such as Finance, Accounting, Mathematics, Information Systems or Computer Science
* Demonstrated ability to manage complex technical projects: work prioritization, planning, task delegation and hitting deadlines
* Experience using and navigating an accounting system (NetSuite, QuickBooks)
* Experience analyzing and integrating data from transactional systems to accounting platforms to ensure consistency in reporting on financial transactions
* Experience diving into data quality and data profiling analysis to ensure data consistency and accuracy across enterprise reporting
* Experience with programing/scripting languages and data science tools (Python, Java, Spark, Jupyter)
What We'll Hook You Up With:
* Competitive market salary and stock options based on experience
* Comprehensive health, dental and vision plans
* 401k matching and flexible spending account
* Paid maternity and parental leave benefits
* Flexible spending accounts
* Laptop and peripherals of your choice
* Daily subsidized lunch program (ours!) and free food and beverages in the office
* A fulfilling, challenging adventure of a work experience
Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. No phone calls or recruiters please.
Fooda provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Fooda complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Fooda is a company developing a food technology platform that connects restaurants to people while at work.