Who We Are:
We believe a workplace food program is something employees should love and look forward to every day. Powered by technology and a network of over 1,000 restaurants and 800+ clients, Fooda feeds hungry people at work through our ongoing food programs located within companies and office buildings. Every day, each Fooda location is served by different restaurants that come onsite and serve fresh lunch from their chef's unique menus. Now with over 30 million meals sold, Fooda operates in nineteen major US cities and plans for continued expansion.
About the Team:
Our engineering team is building a platform that powers a dynamic marketplace poised to disrupt the way people get their lunch. Do you dream of complex problems that stretch your imagination and force you to grow as a problem solver? We are a close-knit product development team of 33 engineers, PMs and data scientists, tackling technical problems around scaling, rapid user acquisition, machine learning and optimization challenges in every vertical, every single day. Take an in-depth look at our platform here.
Will you join us?
About the Role:
We are looking for a motivated, passionate and talented problem solver who will craft the next generation of our search, transaction and payment platforms that will scale and power our marketplace. As a software engineer, you will design and develop features that will be used by millions and have a direct impact on our business.
This position gives you the opportunity to:
* Brainstorm and build new features that power Fooda's growing ecosystem of restaurants and users
* Learn from and collaborate with a diverse group of engineers, product managers, and designers in a dynamic work environment
* Be involved at all stages of application development - from UI design to deployment and monitoring
* Work with a senior mentor who will coach you to become a leader for our company
* Invent elegant solutions to hard problems and become an expert at building a fast, scalable, distributed e-commerce system
Who You Are:
* 1+ years experience delivering high-quality, high-scale production code
* You are proficient with an object oriented language like: Ruby, Java, Python, C++
* You have experience with web server frameworks (Rails is a huge plus)
* Familiarity with relational and NoSQL databases
* Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or related engineering field is a plus
* High energy and creativity; openness to new ideas/approaches; willingness to be flexible and do whatever you can to bring value to the team
What We'll Hook You Up With:
* Competitive market salary and stock options based on experience
* Comprehensive health, dental and vision plans
* 401k matching
* Paid maternity and parental leave benefits
* Flexible spending accounts
* Laptop and peripherals of your choice
* Daily subsidized lunch program (ours!) and free food and beverages in the office
* A fulfilling, challenging adventure of a work experience
Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. No phone calls or recruiters please.
Fooda provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Fooda complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Powered by technology, Fooda provides awesome food at reasonable prices to employees while at work. Fooda brings fantastic local restaurants right to you. Fooda-approved local restaurants serve, drop off or deliver tasty food to your location.