Who We Are:
We believe a workplace food program is something employees should love and look forward to every day. Powered by technology and a network of over 1,000 restaurants and 800+ clients, Fooda feeds hungry people at work through our ongoing food programs located within companies and office buildings. Every day, each Fooda location is served by different restaurants that come onsite and serve fresh lunch from their chef's unique menus. Now with over 30 million meals sold, Fooda operates in nineteen major US cities and plans for continued expansion.
About the Team:
Our engineering team is building a platform that powers a dynamic marketplace disrupting the way people get their lunch. Do you dream of complex problems, that stretch your imagination and force you to grow as a problem solver? We are a close-knit product development team of 33 engineers, PMs and data scientists, tackling technical problems around scaling, rapid user acquisition, machine learning and optimization challenges for a high-growth, VC-backed business, every single day. Take an in-depth look at our platform here.
Will you join us?
About the Role:
As a senior software engineer, you will craft the next generation of our search, transaction and payment platform that will power our products. You will drive architecture decisions and own features that will be used by millions and have a direct impact on our business.
This position gives you opportunities to:
* Architect and build product features end to end in Ruby on Rails & React.
* Establish and maintain best practices for the team through technical leadership
* Collaborate with product managers, designers, and business teams to identify and execute the best solutions, focusing on business impact, product polish and code quality
* Participate in sprint planning, stand-ups and retrospective meetings
* Launch new features, big and small, analyzing system and business metrics post-release
Who You Are:
* 3+ years experience in backend development building real world web applications
* 2+ years of recent experience in Ruby on Rails
* Experience designing and architecting systems and applications
* Experience with event-driven/message-driven architectures
* Experience with relational and non-relational database systems, specifically PostgreSQL, Redis and Elasticsearch
* Exemplary communication skills; able to map problem-solutions and explain possible solutions to non-technical team members
* Extensive experience with unit and integration tests, using technologies such as Rspec and Capybara
What We'll Hook You Up With:
* Competitive market salary and stock options based on experience
* Comprehensive health, dental and vision plans
* 401k matching and flexible spending account
* Paid maternity and parental leave benefits
* Flexible spending accounts
* Laptop and peripherals of your choice
* Daily subsidized lunch program (ours!) and free food and beverages in the office
* A fulfilling, challenging adventure of a work experience
Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. No phone calls or recruiters please.
Fooda provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Fooda complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Powered by technology, Fooda provides awesome food at reasonable prices to employees while at work. Fooda brings fantastic local restaurants right to you. Fooda-approved local restaurants serve, drop off or deliver tasty food to your location.