Who We Are:
We believe a workplace food program is something employees should love and look forward to every day. Powered by technology and a network of over 1,000 restaurants and 800+ clients, Fooda feeds hungry people at work through our ongoing food programs located within companies and office buildings. Every day, each Fooda location is served by different restaurants that come onsite and serve fresh lunch from their chef's unique menus. Now with over 30 million meals sold, Fooda operates in nineteen major US cities and plans for continued expansion.
About the Team:
We are a close-knit product development team of 33 engineers, PMs and data scientists, tackling technical problems around scaling, rapid user acquisition, machine learning and optimization challenges for a high-growth, VC-backed business, every single day. Take an in-depth look at our platform here.
About the Role:
In collaboration with the VP of Engineering, Fooda is looking for a passionate engineering leader to grow our Popup and Food Hall businesses by increasing customer engagement and conversion rates. Popup Restaurants and Food Hall are rapidly growing core Fooda businesses and the technology team is focused on both sides of our marketplace: Our diners growing 3x YoY and our network of 1,000+ restaurants in nineteen cities. The features you will build will touch up to 500 transactions per minute and will generate millions in revenue, but most importantly, will bring the best lunch to our users at work. What you'll be doing:
* Drive design, architecture and execution on a team of 3-5 backend developers
* Establish and maintain best practices through technical leadership
* Act as a mentor to fellow software engineers through code reviews, design document critiques and brainstorming sessions throughout the software development process
* Collaborate with product managers, designers and business teams to identify and execute the best solutions, focusing on business impact, product polish and code quality
* Participate in sprint planning, stand-ups and retrospective meetings
* Launch new features, big and small, analyzing system and business metrics post-release
* Enjoy a fantastic work-life balance with daily releases and no on-call duty
* Build new features within a small, agile team
* Work downtown at one of Chicago's fastest growing startups
What You Should Already Have:
* 5+ years of experience in backend development building real world web applications
* 2+ years of recent experience in Ruby on Rails
* Experience designing and architecting systems and applications
* Experience with event-driven/message-driven architectures
* Experience with relational and non-relational database systems, specifically PostgreSQL, Redis, Elasticsearch
* Exemplary communication skills; able to map problem-solutions and explain possible solutions to non-technical team members
* Extensive experience with unit and integration tests, using technologies such as Rspec and Capybara
What We'll Hook You Up With:
* Competitive market salary and stock options based on experience
* Comprehensive health, dental and vision plans
* 401k matching and flexible spending account
* Paid maternity and parental leave benefits
* Flexible spending accounts
* Laptop and peripherals of your choice
* Daily subsidized lunch program (ours!) and free food and beverages in the office
* A fulfilling, challenging adventure of a work experience
Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. No phone calls or recruiters please.
Fooda provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Fooda complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Powered by technology, Fooda provides awesome food at reasonable prices to employees while at work. Fooda brings fantastic local restaurants right to you. Fooda-approved local restaurants serve, drop off or deliver tasty food to your location.