Automation Test Engineer
Req #: 220049
Location: Ashburn, VA US
Job Category: Engineering
Minimum Security Clearance: Secret
CACI's Agile Solution Factory (ASF) is hiring an experienced software test automation engineer to support a key program in Ashburn, VA. Join this passionate team of industry-leading individuals supporting the Best Practices in Agile Software Development for the Department of Defense.
ASF programs thrive in a culture of innovation and are constantly seeking individuals who can bring creative ideas to solve complex problems, both technical and procedural at the team and portfolio levels. The ability to be adaptable and to work constructively with a technically diverse team is crucial.
The candidate will have the opportunity to work as an integral part of an Agile Scrum team-a highly productive team of seasoned technical professionals who thrive on supporting our customer's mission and growth objectives- responsible for assuring the quality of the application capabilities for a variety of legacy and modernized systems and applications. They will work in close collaboration with software developers/engineers, stakeholders, and end users within Agile processes.
Candidate must have a strong background and experience in web application front-end and back-end scripting and automation, development skills with multiple programming languages, IDE, and familiar or experience with framework setup and maintenance.
* Developing Test procedures - Creating test procedures for current set of backlog items: system, functional, regression, performance, load, installation, security, interoperability, stress, boundary; defining tests for backlog items; estimating tasks needed for creating manual tests; and assessing candidates to automate for regression tests
* Developing and implementing quality assurance methodologies to ensure compliance with quality assurance standards, guidelines, and procedures in a large computer-based organization.
* Developing and executing software test plans, test cases, and test scripts for Integration, Migration, Regression, and/or Performance testing, and IA and disaster recovery, in order to identify system and software problems and their causes, recording defect backlog items, reporting the results of testing and resolving testing defects.
* Establishing and maintaining a process for evaluating hardware, software, and associated documentation and assisting in their evaluation.
* Perform iteration and performance testing touch point.
* Mapping tasks and tests to backlog items (requirements traceability).
* Supporting independent User Acceptance Testing
* Acting as a member of a product team supporting teammates and collaborating with a do what it takes attitude to ensure product and team success.
* Active participation in Agile Scrum sprint planning, artifact creation, sprint testing, regression testing, demonstrations and retrospectives and solution releases.
* Work closely with developers, professional services team and product managers to define the automated testing components that will be used to validate requirements against developed software.
* Work closely with Product Owners to understand product specifics and to create corresponding automation test strategies.
* Assist with design of test scenarios and test plans to ensure that automated tests can be implemented and executed against.
* Assist with creating project resource estimates, metrics to track completion phase, defect reports, defect prevention, development efficiency and quality
* Contribute to an atmosphere of cross-functional teamwork within the organizations agile project lifecycle.
* Build and execute automated testing on both web front end and back end systems. Ability to test at an API level such as via web services, JMS Queue, or other back end services.
* Run test validations at various levels including DB validation, logging validation, and UI validation.
* College degree (B.S.) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Management Systems or a related discipline. Equivalent professional experience will be considered in lieu of degree
* Must be a U.S. Citizen with at least an interim DOD Secret clearance or higher
* Strong testing background, preferably with two (2) years experience in incremental development projects using an Agile Scrum approach
* Familiarity with test automation, and developing automation test scripts
* Experience testing solutions developed in C#/.Net (preferred). Additionally, familiarity with any of the following is highly desirable: XML, SQL, PL/SQL, HTML, VMware, information exchanges, client server, Object Oriented Development, Continuous integration, Automated testing, UML, Class diagrams, n-tier solutions
* Experience with continuous integration tools and environments and automated testing.
* Ability to write test documentation - Test Plans; Test Procedures; Change Requests; System Requirements Documents; Problem Reports, Discrepancy Reports
* Familiarity with Information Security best practices
* Ability to apply test estimation techniques to software development efforts
* Ability to identify and manage risk
* Excellent communication skills in English in written and spoken form
* Strong collaboration skills and desire to work within a team
* Understanding of all elements of the software development life cycle, including planning, development, requirements, CM, quality assurance, and release management.
* Eight (8+) years related IT experience, with 2-3 or more years analyzing, designing and implementing integration solutions using .NET technologies or related technologies
* 3-5 years experience with multiple programming technologies, including .NET, Java, XML/XSLT/WSDL, Web Services, SOAP, JSP
* Key technology experience in areas such as.NET, J2EE, XML, Web Services and SOA
* Hands on programming experience with .NET/C# programming
* Familiar working with Continuous Integration (CI) environment and a variety of testing tools such as Jenkins/Hudson, TeamCity, as well as automation frameworks like Robot Framework, Specflow, Jbehave, Geb, Spock, Junit4, TestNG, Nunit.
* Familiar working with any Open Source Automation tools like Selenium, Cucumber, Watir,
* Familiar working with an open source or commercial version control systems like GIT, Mercurial, CVS, SVN, Clear Case
* Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) skills preferred
* Familiarity with any open source IDE like Eclipse/Net Bean/Spring
* Must have experience with Functional Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, and User Acceptance Testing phases
* Familiar with DB testing tools like Fitnesse and DBFit
* Ability to work in a fast paced, constantly changing environment
* Must have knowledge and understand fundamental concepts of Continuous Integration, Automated Testing, User Acceptance Testing
* Must be a team player and work in a collaborative team environment.
* Ability and experience to interact with the product Owner, Business Analysts, Scrum Masters and provide guidance on automation tools and testing methods to meet project specific needs.
* Technical Certifications, such as CSTE, CST, CSTA, CTFL, CTAL, CTEL Experience with program testing software, such as Microsoft testing tools, Selenium and/or Geb
* Experience using Microsoft TFS and/or VersionOne Agile project tools
* Experience designing, implementing and/or testing web services and/or n-tier web-based
* Experience with Perl and other scripting languages.
* Experience with messaging platforms.
* Ability to apply advanced principles, theories, and concepts, and contribute to the development of innovative principles and ideas.
* Experience working on unusually complicated problems and providing solutions that are highly creative and ingenious, exhibiting ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness.
* Acts independently to expose and resolve problems.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
CACI is a provider of information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for intelligence, defense, and federal civilian customers.