Partners Data Systems
Req ID: 29526
Experience Level: Professional
Other Location(s): N/A
Relocation offered: Yes
Travel required: a. Up to 25%
Come grow with us
At Capital Group, how we work is defined by shared values that include absolute integrity, respect and collaboration. But it's more than that. It's smart and highly driven people united in purpose to serve our investors and one another.
Bring your energy and unique perspective to Capital and you'll have the opportunity to grow with us professionally, personally, and financially. You'll be part of a team that genuinely cares about helping you succeed. You'll work alongside talented colleagues, many of whom build long careers while progressing through multiple roles, establishing lifelong friendships and making a difference in our communities. In return for your contributions, you'll receive premier compensation and benefits, and a company-funded retirement plan that ranks among the most generous.
We are hiring two (2) Solutions Engineers in the Retirement Plan Services IT Organization. In this role, you will lead an end-to-end delivery of the business initiatives that include analysis, design, development and testing. We are in the middle of kicking off a transformational program across American Funds Service Group (AFSG), in collaboration with the business client groups, to implement cutting edge technologies; such as Blue Prism Robotics, Appian BPMS, Vidado Data Capture, and more. The goal is successful implementation of process automation projects, to save millions through enhanced functional capabilities and refined operational efficiencies.
* Implement end to end process automation using cutting edge technologies in conjunction with APIs and Java Spring Framework
* In collaboration with more senior associates, lead different parts of solution delivery along with internal technology, vendor and business partners.
* Partners with business to gather requirements through understanding of business users' needs and challenges.
* Participate in data foundation analysis and development, as well as analytics using tools such as Tableau and Micro Strategy to deliver on Business reporting needs.
* Consistently influences IT strategy of own team and moderately influences adjacent IT teams.
* Collaborate with Emerging Technology Architecture group to bring perspective on new technologies that could impact business, and conduct proof of concepts to test the hypothesis.
* Proactively identify options, analyzes pros and cons and assist in making solution recommendations to business and ITG leaders and stakeholders.
* Proactively identify and communicate issues, risks, progress to business and IT stakeholders, providing options and next steps.
* Lead planning, estimation and work break down activities on projects.
* Coordinate with application support teams during the solution development, deployment and support. Tests quality, troubleshoots and supports entire solution, across all components.
* Continuous learner who seeks out stretch opportunities to build new technical skills and expand business acumen within American Funds Servicing Group.
Technical Skills Required:
* Strong: Java (spring MVC) or C#, JSP, SQL (Oracle & SQL Server), Data Modeling, LINUX Shell, PERL
* Intermediate: ETL (Informatica), REST API, MuleSoft, Micro Strategy, Tableau
* Nice to have: End to End Automation Capabilities (BluePrism and Appian), AWS
Founded in 1931, Capital Group is one of the world's largest and most trusted investment management companies and home to the American Funds. We manage more than US$1.7 trillion in assets, and our 7,500 associates make our clients their first priority every day. When we do our job right, millions of investors around the world fulfill their dreams and financial goals, from home ownership and higher education, to a comfortable retirement. Our long-term investment results and outstanding service set us apart from our competitors, while our workplace sets us apart from other employers.
We are an equal opportunity employer, which means we comply with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit discrimination when making all decisions about employment. As equal opportunity employers, our policies prohibit unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including gender and gender identity), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, AIDS/HIV status, political activities or affiliations, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Nearest Major Market: Irvine California
Nearest Secondary Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Database, Oracle, ERP, Java, Developer, Technology
About Partners Data Systems
Partners Data Systems is a company that provides storage and backup automation solutions.