Great software requires hard work by incredibly smart people. Have you ever wondered what it would be like to work for a company that makes a difference in the world? Are you the one who can solve any problem through research? Do you love the feeling of helping others?
This is a great opportunity to learn about the latest Esri technology in this consultative support role. Join the team whose mission is to continue Esri's long standing commitment of supporting and responding to our user community.
* Provide high-quality technical support and customer service to Esri end users through effective communication (via phone, e-mail, and chat) and efficient troubleshooting
* Resolve technical issues related to enterprise servers and environments using Esri tools and other related technologies
* Work well in a high energy, fast paced, enthusiastic, positive, and collaborative culture
* Maintain comprehensive case documentation in customer relationship management (CRM) system
* As a subject matter expert, author and tech edit knowledge articles available to internal and external users
* Identify issues and log defects for software improvements
* Work in other technical areas of software support as customer and business needs require
* Excellent troubleshooting, customer service, analytical, and problem-solving abilities
* Proficient written and verbal communication skills with a strong grasp of the English language including grammar, punctuation, and consistency
* Ability to patiently communicate technical terms clearly and concisely
* Experience with systems administration and troubleshooting multiple operating systems
* Proven record of multitasking while managing time and work load wisely
* Ability to learn new concepts quickly, retain large amounts of information, and adapt to a changing work environment
* US citizenship and ability and willingness to obtain a security clearance
* Bachelor's in computer science, information technology/systems, network administration, technology support, or other relevant field (master's preferred)
* Previous experience in technical customer service or software support with direct end user contact
* Knowledge of Linux, UNIX, and Windows operating systems; MCP; CCNA; SSL; Port; web adapter; web server; Apache; Tomcat; IIS; permissions; licensing; proxy; and LAN/WAN
* Knowledge of and experience with RDBMS (Oracle, MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL)
* Interest in learning GIS theory and applications
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri's geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Esri (Environmental Systems Research Institute) develops GIS and mapping software for organizations in commercial, government, natural resources, and utility industries.