Work on the latest location-aware technology in a fast-paced, engaging environment and play a part in changing the way we work, live, and experience information. This is a great opportunity to design next-gen Esri apps on one of the most diverse and widely used platforms in the world. We strive to do meaningful work that helps entire industries, and love working closely with a small team. If you are passionate about Apple's developer platform, thrive in an entrepreneurial setting to explore new possibilities, and take pride in the quality and impact of your work, we'd love to hear from you!
* Develop software for use in public safety, national defense, field mapping, data collection, sensor networks, street navigation, and more• Understand user requirements; design and develop applications for devices that meet real world scenarios• Identify issues and improve code quality, including clear and meaningful documentation • Implement unit tests and automate regression testing to ensure baseline quality in all releases• Attend and speak at Esri conferences or other industry conferences
* 2+ years of commercial software development experience
* At least one commercially available application on the iTunes Store
* Excellent knowledge of Swift and Objective-C
* Experience with mobile software design patterns and resource limitations
* Understanding of algorithms and design patterns
* Ability to work on a team to build quality software in a constantly evolving environment
* Ability to prioritize work based on the needs of the market and the wider team
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Knowledge of working with REST services
* US citizenship and ability and willingness to obtain a security clearance
* Bachelor's in computer science, engineering, mathematics, GIS, or related field, or equivalent experience developing mobile applications for 3+ years
* Prior experience building spatial/mapping applications or software components• Experience with one or more popular open source libraries
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri's geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Esri (Environmental Systems Research Institute) develops GIS and mapping software for organizations in commercial, government, natural resources, and utility industries.