OverviewAre you looking for a fast-paced, challenging career where you can combine your passion for software development, geographic awareness, and the web? Our R&D team is working on the latest location-aware technology where engineers are challenged to change the way we think about geographic data and its power in providing real-time situational awareness capabilities. Join our dynamic team and help shape The Science of Where. Responsibilities:
* Interact with users to identify and articulate their needs and ensure these requirements are effectively incorporated into software designs and development activities
* Plan, design, test, certify, release, and support ArcGIS products
* Collaborate with various development teams to build new capabilities and improve existing workflows
* Perform functional and workflow driven manual and automated testing to assess product quality and readiness
* Identify and understand issues with security, internationalization, and accessibility in new features
* Write conceptual documentation, guided tutorials, and blogs
* Be an advocate for and represent the user in product design and delivery
* 2+ years of experience with ArcGIS software or other geospatial technology
* Demonstrated industry experience with testing software, requirements gathering, and documenting processes
* Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
* Proven ability to deliver work within time constraints, in teams and individually
* Effective organizational, teamwork, and interpersonal skills
* Ability to understand new technology concepts quickly and apply them accurately through an evolving, dynamic environment
* US citizenship and ability and willingness to obtain a security clearance
* Bachelor's or master's in GIS, computer science, or a related field, depending on position level
* Prior experience with software development and release of commercial software products
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri's geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Esri (Environmental Systems Research Institute) develops GIS and mapping software for organizations in commercial, government, natural resources, and utilities industries.